Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
Zamora is a wanker!

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Just to reinterate what others have said - you EASILY got the best of the deal. I would argue (ok I'm a bit biased) that Zamora and Defoe are all but equal as players, they've both got their strengths and weaknesses. As long as you don't try and play him wide on the left he will be a great player for you - and you got all that cash for Defoe as well!

Er, ..... any chance of a cut?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Zamora is a team player, what I've seen of Defoe (and it's not that much) he appears to be playing for Defoe. I know which type of player I'd rather have in my team.

Zamora has quickly been given a second chance, injuries permitting, I expect him to grasp it and become a legend at another club. Like Lawrenson is remembered as a Liverpool player I doubt BZ will be remembered as a Brighton player in the future :(

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Icy Gull said:
I doubt BZ will be remembered as a Brighton player in the future :(

Yeah he will, Icy! He enjoyed his time down here, scored bags of goals, won two championships and I doubt he has many bad things to say about the club that rescued him from Bristol Rovers reserves.

And I agree with Brovian, IMO there is little to choose between Defoe and Zamora. Whenever they played for the Eng U21s you couldn't tell who played at the higher level. West Ham have got a great deal there. The only shame is that Pardew is going to be made to look like a shrewd and clever manager when the simple fact is that he's landed on his feet because he's been on the receiving end of King Bobby's goalscoring exploits and yet Bobby wasn't wanted by the curbcrawler.

Gary Nelson

Jul 25, 2003
Hove
Lush said:
Also a good kisser (see my avatar)
:D

Reporter: "So Allan, youve bought in BZ to the club, what are his strengths"?
Pardeew: "Well, He's good in the air, got 2 quick feet and scores loads of goals. He is also a good kisser"

:lolol: :lolol:

SeagullSimon

Jul 5, 2003
Kent Uni; Bexhill
he's a legend

5-1914.jpg

btw, cheers for the help :clap2:

Seagull's Return

Nov 7, 2003
Brighton
Thanks for the help, enjoy Zamora - he's an absolute star, and will be the key to your going back up this season. Spurs? David Pleat? f*** 'em, they''ll rue the day...

I can't belive how jammy Pardew has been on ths deal.

The Lord Bob of Zamora is an absolute genius.

and you get rid of that little c**t defoe (who only plays for himself)

and you get £7m!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek: can we have some please.:lolol:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
What can I say, a true Albion legend. Good especailly with his left, comes back and links play well and just needs to be given chances to put them away. Not a bad start, either, scored one and set up the other in 45 mins wasn't it?

Zamora whoooa
Zamora whoooa
They sold him to West Ham
He's a legend in Japan.

Right, enough emotional pant wetting, time to get back to how Leon and Trevor are doing....

Harveys_HammersLH

Feb 5, 2004
Guildford
Thanks for all the messages lads...:clap:

Seagullmatt

Feb 8, 2004
Goring by Sea
When I heard he'd gone to West Ham I thought it was a great move for him and West Ham (though not us, coz we don't get a penny!)
Good Luck to him!

And in answer to the question:

LEGEND!!!

Harveys_HammersLH

Feb 5, 2004
Guildford
Seagullmatt....

I knew he was a hero down here but i wanted to find out if you lot thought he could hack it in the Premiership if we go back up this season.

We hoped that Bobby was going to be valued at 1.6M so Spurs had to pay up...:lolol:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Bobby Z was always a bit of an enigma to me. Sometimes, he would be out of a game and then pop with superbly timed runs to score great goals that other players could not score. This relies on the Albion players putting the crosses in and sometimes they couldn't.

So if he seems to be playing poorly, this could be when he his most dangerous. Still an untested prospect at a higher level and whether he is good or not depends on whether he improves in the company of better players.

If he is playing poorly best to keep him on. Better to have him on the bench and come on later, than have him on at the start and then substitute him.

A better all round player than Defoe, but probably not as good as a fully fit Les Ferdinand (which explains why he did not go to Leicester). Probably on par with Nathan Ellington of Wigan so I would not put a bet on him as leading scorer in Division One next season.

He is missed at the Albion also because he can also cross the ball with his left foot, which the current Albion team seem unable to do.

Compared to Peter Ward, a better player, but NOT nearly as exciting! (not by a long way)

Last edited:

Seagullmatt

Feb 8, 2004
Goring by Sea
Harveys_HammersLH said:
Seagullmatt....

I knew he was a hero down here but i wanted to find out if you lot thought he could hack it in the Premiership if we go back up this season.

We hoped that Bobby was going to be valued at 1.6M so Spurs had to pay up...:lolol:

I reckon so. He can drift in and out of games but his scoring record speaks for itself.

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
BOBBY Z is the man. I may ave a flutter on the Hammers to go up.

WELL done by the way.

WHEN the ball hits the net like a f***ing rocket its ZAMORA

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I think you will be delighted with him. Personally I'm happy he's joined the Hammers too, cos I've always had an irrational hatred of Spurs but a soft spot for West Ham. Much easier to hope he scores loads now.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
legend, not any player can make me take notice of a 5 pound west ham shirt just to get a former-albion players name on the back

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here