Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What do you believe would be a fair price for the Falmer Season Tickets?

What do you believe would be a fair price for the Falmer Season Tickets (adult)?

• Below £300

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • £300 - £325

Votes: 11 9.2%
  • £325 - £350

Votes: 10 8.4%
  • £350 - £375

Votes: 19 16.0%
  • £375 - £400

Votes: 22 18.5%
  • £400 - £425

Votes: 26 21.8%
  • £425 - £450

Votes: 16 13.4%
  • £450 - £475

Votes: 6 5.0%
  • £475+

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters

sweetmods

Jan 31, 2004
Shoreham Beach
I don't understand. You may well be right, but...

Match tickets and public transport tickets are both subject to VAT. So what would the tax issue would be?

Also, buying separate travel tickets COULD be a hindrance to how the whole TMP would work. :shrug:

No idea about what the specific tax issue is - I have just heard that there is a new HMRC problem with combining the travel vouchers with the ticket cost.

I don't understand. You may well be right, but...

Match tickets and public transport tickets are both subject to VAT. So what would the tax issue would be?

Also, buying separate travel tickets COULD be a hindrance to how the whole TMP would work. :shrug:
Public Transport fares are zero rated for VAT purposes. (To be precise ... VAT is not charged on bus and train fares, but is charged on taxi fares).

If the travel voucher is to be used to regulate access to the car parking sites near the stadium (the Aldridge Academy and Sussex University) - albeit for multi-occupancy vehicles (ie cars with a minimum number of match ticket holders in the vehicle) - then the VAT position gets very complicated, because car parking charges are subject to VAT.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I have been reliably informed that the season ticket might not include the travel voucher as the club had hoped. Apparently this has something to do with some new shenanigins with the tax man. It may be that books of travel vouchers would need to be sold separately. I trust that this will be reflected in the price of tickets.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! All the while the Albion's home ground has been within walking distance I've had to pay for an unwanted and useless travel voucher. Now when the voucher would actually have some value they're going to scrap it!

I would hope the tickets would come down by about £4 to compensate.

Jamie_Seagull

Jun 22, 2010
Worthing
Below £300 (thats an U21 though!)

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Public Transport fares are zero rated for VAT purposes. (To be precise ... VAT is not charged on bus and train fares, but is charged on taxi fares).

If the travel voucher is to be used to regulate access to the car parking sites near the stadium (the Aldridge Academy and Sussex University) - albeit for multi-occupancy vehicles (ie cars with a minimum number of match ticket holders in the vehicle) - then the VAT position gets very complicated, because car parking charges are subject to VAT.

This ought to get interesting then.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

What's difficult about this?

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
It's already too expensive now as it is. I would like to think it won't be any more expensive and especially not if we are still in League 1.

Ian Bairds Fist

Nov 26, 2003
Kingston-upon-Thames
It's already too expensive now as it is. I would like to think it won't be any more expensive and especially not if we are still in League 1.

Exactly. We were told the price at Withdean was that high due to the limited capacity - which was fair enough. However, now the capacity issue is non-existant we should surely be seeing some realistic pricing.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If the same Travel Voucher system means some people use a part of the transport system which is subject to VAT at the Standard Rate, and some use a part of the transport system which is subject to VAT at the Zero Rate, it could get complicated.

First thing is, let's kill all the VATmen.

Dont you simply make a sensible estimate in situations like this?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Exactly. We were told the price at Withdean was that high due to the limited capacity - which was fair enough. However, now the capacity issue is non-existant we should surely be seeing some realistic pricing.

I'd like to think that the club will remember this.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

Surely then the solution is NOT to use the travel voucher as a sort of Pay 'n' Display parking ticket? Give (or sell) parking tickets as a separate issue and keep the travel voucher as just that.

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
in reality, paying more than £10 for a ticked to see non-premiership football is a joke. it just shows how scewed this game has become that people are now willing to pay more than twice that.

if you asked this question to someone 100 years ago (even taking into account inflation), they would laugh at the options.

D

Deleted User X18H

Dodge suggested to me it would initially be comparable with Withdean but was likely to increase after the first season. Perhaps this may have been a 1901 sales pitch though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here