Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What do you believe would be a fair price for the Falmer Season Tickets?

What do you believe would be a fair price for the Falmer Season Tickets (adult)?

• Below £300

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • £300 - £325

Votes: 11 9.2%
  • £325 - £350

Votes: 10 8.4%
  • £350 - £375

Votes: 19 16.0%
  • £375 - £400

Votes: 22 18.5%
  • £400 - £425

Votes: 26 21.8%
  • £425 - £450

Votes: 16 13.4%
  • £450 - £475

Votes: 6 5.0%
  • £475+

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters

Ian Bairds Fist

Nov 26, 2003
Kingston-upon-Thames
Quite a simple poll - vote on what you think would be a fair price for a season ticket at Falmer. To give you some idea of the what other teams in the League at charging:

Southampton: £328 to £393
Huddersfield: £335 to £400
Sheffield Wednesday: £333 to £468

:amex:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
No more than we are paying at the Withdean that's for sure! I like the look of that Southampton bracket the most.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I would probably go up to £450 for a basic seat, i would hope that come the time, the club decide to offer a 10 month payment plan scheme for people whom find it hard to pay the current price over 5 months, overpricing Falmer just because its new will ultimately fail unless we succeed on the pitch.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
As you've just shown, there is likely to be a wide price bracket so I can't really vote for one of those options.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
In what price band though?

The club said ages ago that there would be a much bigger range of prices. At a guess I'd imagine it will be something like:

middle of west lower = most expensive
in the corners behind the goal = least expensive (not including family stand)

I'd expect the range of prices to be somewhere between £375 and £500

I would hope it won't be any more than we are currently paying and hopefully less to encourage as many people as possible. It would also be nice to think they would reward STH's who have been at Withers for years with some sort of loyalty discount on the first year at the Amex as a nice gesture for all that has been endured?

I am wondering whether they are going to take into account the start to the season and our Leaguie position come the Autumn in terms of setting the prices? Clearly they should base the pricing on League 1 football but if we are really doing well will this encourage them to charge more than they were considering?

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
considering it includes a travel voucher, something like £450 would be about par

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Given the apparent enthusiasm for the Amex from fans outside of those who already attend Withdean I think sensible pricing could guarantee a near S/T sell out next season. If they could peg the top tickets at £400 or thereabouts with prices starting around £300 for the cheaper seats then I think 14-15,000 per game is definitely achievable.

sweetmods

Jan 31, 2004
Shoreham Beach
I have been reliably informed that the season ticket might not include the travel voucher as the club had hoped. Apparently this has something to do with some new shenanigins with the tax man. It may be that books of travel vouchers would need to be sold separately. I trust that this will be reflected in the price of tickets.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I have been reliably informed that the season ticket might not include the travel voucher as the club had hoped. Apparently this has something to do with some new shenanigins with the tax man. It may be that books of travel vouchers would need to be sold separately. I trust that this will be reflected in the price of tickets.

I'm pretty sure they HAVE to include them. Also, why would the club HOPE to include them? I'm sure they'd rather make the tickets cheaper and avoid hundreds of inane complaints

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

Seeing as it's going to be smart cards, they would need to supply the travel vouchers separately anyway. Unless we just show the the bus driver the card as we board.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I would probably go up to £450 for a basic seat, i would hope that come the time, the club decide to offer a 10 month payment plan scheme for people whom find it hard to pay the current price over 5 months, overpricing Falmer just because its new will ultimately fail unless we succeed on the pitch.

The club will never offer a 10 month payment scheme UNLESS the final payment is made in Sept/Oct time. Otherwise what is to stop fans stopping their DD in December, yes they wont be able to get into the ground but the club will lose out as it may not be able to re-sell that seat.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

good

Then if we dont want to use PT we wont get charged for it and the price of tickets will come down accordingly!!!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
its would definatly be a bonus to have the travel voucher seperate, many dont need to buy a ticket, such as rail season ticket holders.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
good

Then if we dont want to use PT we wont get charged for it and the price of tickets will come down accordingly!!!

In fact this provides the club with a face saving way of reducing ticket prices for next season without losing money, everyone's a winner.:amex:

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Between £250 and £600 for standard seats.

I know £250 sounds cheap but I think it’s only fair to release 1000 tickets at this price, no doubt they will get snapped up instantly and then have a stupidly long waiting list but at least it will give lower earners a chance to (albeit a small chance) to get a season ticket.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
The club will never offer a 10 month payment scheme UNLESS the final payment is made in Sept/Oct time. Otherwise what is to stop fans stopping their DD in December, yes they wont be able to get into the ground but the club will lose out as it may not be able to re-sell that seat.

Thats a fair point, and never crossed my mind that anybody would do that other than through loss of employment ect , i just dont want the powers that be, price joe bloggs out of watching Brighton and Hove Albion i guess

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

I don't understand. You may well be right, but...

Match tickets and public transport tickets are both subject to VAT. So what would the tax issue would be?

Also, buying separate travel tickets COULD be a hindrance to how the whole TMP would work. :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here