Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

what do people think of hinshelwood?

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Hasn't done much wrong except the odd wayward backpass, and salvaged a point for us.

I would be disappointed to see us bring in another centre-half, especially since we desperatly need a left back, 2 midfielders and a striker.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Hinsh has been on a sicknote so it is difficult to judge if he will ever get back to being a decent player.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
I think you maybe being a bit harsh on him. Before any of his injuries I genuinely thought that he could hold his own at a top Championship club.

Time will tell whether he can reach that height again. He certainly has lost a bit of what he had but that could be down to worrying about getting injured again rather than the actual injury robbing him of something. As time goes by and his confidence about the injury increases so will his importance to the team............................................I hope.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Hasn't done much wrong except the odd wayward backpass, and salvaged a point for us.

I would be disappointed to see us bring in another centre-half, especially since we desperatly need a left back, 2 midfielders and a striker.
What about that cracking own goal?

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
I don't think he'll ever be the player he could have been before all his injuries, he had the ability to be a very very good player for us I thought.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Are you guys for real? He's excellent - as he was before his injury. Reads the game superbly. Let's just hope he can stay fit..

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
Great player, only problem is liability to get injured. We don't want the Hawk back so we do need a decent back up

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Best defender we have at the club and remember he is still improving after such a long time out. If he'd stayed fit I think he could have been easily playing at the top of the Championship now, and whilst he might not make that level again, he is still one of our best players.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
still looks a bit off the pace, but had an ok game today - of course, a last minute goal always helps

easily the player with the most potential that our youth system has produced - just a shame injuries have absolutely raped him

Shinbreath

Nov 1, 2008
Hove...
Does a good job..

Never feel nervous when he's near/on the ball... Even though he scored that own goal and nearly did the same in the home game after.

He's good enough to keep his position in the squad... Go Go AH!!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I really hope he can come back as he was pre-injury in the England U21 squad and we really missed him badly.

However there is a history here but I would love to be proved wrong.

Jul 5, 2003
easily the player with the most potential that our youth system has produced

What about Tony Towner?

Too long ago? Then, I would say Virgs and Hammond are, at least, on a par.

Don't agree? How about Gareth Barry?

Agreed, not too many reach their potential but the Youth system doesn't do too badly.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Our defence has looked a lot better since he came into the team, Elphick seems to play better with him (granted no idea about the goals against today)

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
What about Tony Towner?

Too long ago? Then, I would say Virgs and Hammond are, at least, on a par.

Don't agree? How about Gareth Barry?

Agreed, not too many reach their potential but the Youth system doesn't do too badly.

tony towner is WAY before my time

virgo is easily the most profitable, but that is due to the highly inflated transfer fee we got, down in part to strachan and mcghee being good mates. hammond struggled in the championship, whereas hinshelwood was CLASS in that league before he got injured - england under 21 call up at CENTRE BACK goes to prove that

barry is obviously better, but of the players to have come out of the youth team into the first team in my brighton supporting time, then hinshelwood pre-2005 injury is probably the best

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here