Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What do members of the fan advisory boad think of the new shirt?

D

Deleted member 2719

It's an awful, awful shirt, which I won't be buying, but I only ever buy replica shorts or training tops to run in and then not very often. Don't do replica shirts and think anyone over 30 years old or 12 stone looks absolutely hideous in one to be honest. We will look a bit shit and some Palace fans will laugh on the internet.

However, in terms of actually gripping my shit it's WAAY down there*. Below World War Three, Liz Truss, the quality of the Women's Euros and what the correct name for it should be. Below what colour my next sofa should be, how I can beat my son at FIFA, why sausages have to be that shape, why people find Michael Macintyre funny, pondering the number of seagulls that actually die on flying ant day, and what would happen to them if they were breathalysed. Below trying to work out how much chocolate you get per penny now that Mars Bars are smaller. Below what record FBS will play to open his set or why I just couldn't be bothered going. Pretty damn low.

*unless I can't see the squad number from the WSU. Then, there will be blood.

So does Fatboy Slim looks hideous in an Albion Shirt???

Are you suggesting Ellen White should play topless, so she doesn't look hideous???

How the heck does the great Lizz Truss get mentioned in this thread???

Have you been on the sauce tonight mate.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
So does Fatboy Slim looks hideous in an Albion Shirt???

He looks pretty crap in that one. Yes, shit man made fibre templates made by slaves in Asia look ****ing crap on old men, even pop stars.

Are you suggesting Ellen White should play topless, so she doesn't look hideous???

No, you are you weird sex case.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Might Wozza be doing a little “look at me” stirring here?

There’s a prominent Albion fan who was voted onto the FAB but has since stepped down. He announced it on Twitter, it’s not a secret. It would seem another fan has since stepped down too.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I actually think it’s OK I’ve seen a lot worse but I do prefer stripes but then again I won’t be buying it.

The reaction here is a bit OTT and seems very lemmingesque, some guys are worried to go against the flow.

Lemmingesque? It’s just a really really awful shirt, coupled with white shorts and socks it’s an absolute disaster, nothing more, nothing less, it’s just shit. Considering it’s the main visual representation of our club for the next year I can completely understand why so many people are upset by such a horse crap effort.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
There’s a prominent Albion fan who was voted onto the FAB but has since stepped down. He announced it on Twitter, it’s not a secret. It would seem another fan has since stepped down too.

And said individual boasted that he'd seen the shirt early... and revealed that 'everyone' loved it.

I'd like to think that the latter it wasn't true - that someone had the balls to be honest - but apparently not.

In fairness, I guess it was the first time the FAB had been invited to the training ground, and everyone was probably giddy with excitement. And, of course, it would have been way too late to affect the shirt design/order anyway.

BUT I'd ask the FAB to be honest in future, and the club to be ready for the honesty. Otherwise, the FAB is not serving ordinary fans at all.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
And said individual boasted that he'd seen the shirt early... and revealed that 'everyone' loved it.

I'd like to think that the latter it wasn't true - that someone had the balls to be honest - but apparently not.

In fairness, I guess it was the first time the FAB had been invited to the training ground, and everyone was probably giddy with excitement. And, of course, it would have been way too late to affect the shirt design/order anyway.

BUT I'd ask the FAB to be honest, and the club to be ready for the honesty. Otherwise, the FAB is not serving ordinary fans at all.

Absolutely, but then isn’t that why there was a level of suspicion as to who got ‘voted’ onto the FAB in the first place? It’s a real odd assortment of fans with seemingly little social media presence. How do we approach these representatives to discuss issues, or have they carefully picked a collection of nodding dogs. As you say, it would have been too late in the day to change it, but it seems unthinkable that every member thought it was a home run.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003

BUT I'd ask the FAB to be honest in future, and the club to be ready for the honesty. Otherwise, the FAB is not serving ordinary fans at all.

How so?

The biggest issues with shirts are the cost, the fact they are "obsolete" within a season and the totally variable nature of the stock, so that it's pointless even trying to get one for Christmas, because it might be out of stock and won't be the proper shirt by May. Not to mention the shirt makers' piss poor records on the ethics and quality of the shirt manufacture.

And the fact they won't give away free ones to kids who signed on too late thanks to their inept parents failing to follow club rules, obvs.

The FAB are not going to solve any of that overnight, nor are they likely to want to get thrown out of their first ever meeting for saying "those thick stripes look awfully like an H".

Personally I hope they pick their battles, and those battles largely revolve around fair treatment of fans, affordable tickets and travel, making the stadium a safe environment for all members of society while ensuring our atmosphere isn't affected.

Width of stripe can come after all that.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
How so?

The biggest issues with shirts are the cost, the fact they are "obsolete" within a season and the totally variable nature of the stock, so that it's pointless even trying to get one for Christmas, because it might be out of stock and won't be the proper shirt by May. Not to mention the shirt makers piss poor records on the ethics and quality of the shirt manufacture.

And the fact they won't give away free ones to kids who signed on too late thanks to their inept parents failing to follow club rules, obvs.

The FAB are not going to solve any of that overnight, nor are they likely to want to get thrown out of their first ever meeting for saying "those thick stripes look awfully like an H".

Personally I hope they pick their battles, and those battles largely revolve around fair treatment of fans, affordable tickets and travel, making the stadium a safe environment for all members of society while ensuring our atmosphere isn't affected.

Width of stripe can come after all that.

Maybe read my last sentence again. It's about honesty. (Any subject)

Also, some transparency would be good. Maybe some minutes after each meeting.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
No, I read it.

Why do you think they are not being honest?

Because all (12?) fans representatives apparently told the club they loved the shirt.

But <13% of fans on NSC like it. (And the sentiment is repeated on Twitter, Argus comments etc etc.)

If the FAB aren't representative of fans' opinions on a relatively trivial issue, how can they be trusted on serious stuff? It's really not a good start.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Because 12 fans representatives apparently told the club they loved the shirt.

But <13% on NSC like it. (And the sentiment is repeated on Twitter, Argus comments etc etc.)

If the FAB aren't representative of fans' opinions on a relatively trivial issue, how can they be trusted on serious stuff? It's really not a good start.

Yeah, my problem is with the word "apparently".

If this happened at a formal meeting where an agenda item was "discussion on new home shirt" then I'd support your disdain for the opinion and rather want to see the minutes too.

If they were shown the shirt for 10 seconds on a phone on their way into Lancing for the first time, and if the reaction is a remembered, paraphrased one from a disgraced former member, then it means about as much as Trump's "false news" or the Doris down the road posting on Facebook that someone down the park was nasty to her Chardonnnay.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Well, I did post it as a question, and wait for a reaction.

But as others have noted, the FAB aren't very visable on here or any social media.

Who knows what they think - about anything. :shrug:

No. I'm sure one of the things they signed up to was an SLA to answer any question on NSC within 30 minutes, on pain of having conclusions unreasonably jumped to otherwise.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well, I did post it as a question, and wait for a reaction.

But as others have noted, the FAB aren't very visable on here or any social media.

Who knows what they think - about anything. :shrug:

The first rule of The Fans Advisory Board ...

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
No. I'm sure one of the things they signed up to was an SLA to answer any question on NSC within 30 minutes, on pain of having conclusions unreasonably jumped to otherwise.

It’s not just on here, I regularly see voluntary organisations lambasted for not instantly answering, sometimes complex questions on social media.

It’s just wrong.

I’d hazard a guess, the antagonists have never volunteered for anything themselves.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
It’s not just on here, I regularly see voluntary organisations lambasted for not instantly answering, sometimes complex questions on social media.

It’s just wrong.

Quite.

There are TWO reps of FAB on NSC as far as I know, I imagine both have families, lives, stuff to do, but also no real authority to speak on behalf of the other members. The entitlement of people these days is absolutely staggering.

[MENTION=189]Wozza[/MENTION] if you're really that bothered then perhaps email PB? Unlike NSC he'll answer himself within a given SLA, or have a minion do it, and you'll be talking to the ultimate "head of" whoever it was that agreed that shirt (because it wasn't the FAB).

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
Virtually no one likes the kit but come start of the season are we gonna chant about our awful shirt? Condem the players playing in it? Nah so as much as I hate the shirt we are gonna have to 'like' it and lump it. Ideally the club would take note how awful it is and quickly change it but we all know that aint gonna happen.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Quite.

There are TWO reps of FAB on NSC as far as I know, I imagine both have families, lives, stuff to do, but also no real authority to speak on behalf of the other members. The entitlement of people these days is absolutely staggering.

[MENTION=189]Wozza[/MENTION] if you're really that bothered then perhaps email PB? Unlike NSC he'll answer himself within a given SLA, or have a minion do it, and you'll be talking to the ultimate "head of" whoever it was that agreed that shirt (because it wasn't the FAB).

Wait. You're telling me, on the biggest Albion fans' forum, that I should email PB to find out what fans' representatives think?!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here