Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What Did you make of that performance

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
I thought the first half was the funniest thing I've seen since I last went to watch Seaford play and that's probably doing the Seaford lads a disservice.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
We were a huge threat as an attacking force and could have scored five. midfield completely went missing at times and was sloppy as hell in the first half. Defence was league one at best first half but improved when painter went off. Crowd was also a mixed bag. Booing at half time was pathetic but they got behind them second half

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Game of 2 halves. First half was dreadful. The defence were clearly spooked by Gonzalez and his clown wig. 4-4-2 doesn't suit us. Looked much better 2nd half. We still should have scored a couple in the first half and I feel we should and could have won the game. Crowd were reactive rather than proactive (*accepts award for repeating management buzzwords*)

It did confirm that the first 2 names on Gus's clearout list should be Painter and Dicker who were both f***ing useless.

Davey Boy Smith

Jul 5, 2003
Not quite sure what happened first half.. Looked nervous then a poor goal conceded and it all looked a bit nervey. To be fair we then had a couple of good chances including hitting the post. Poor to concede a pen so close to half time. Passing was woeful and so far from our usual.

Thought second half we were much better. The passing was a lot more slick and we looked like a constant threat going forward. Given the first half 2-2 was a fair result.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
The first 45 minutes was worse than West Ham. And that's saying something.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
The first 45 minutes was worse than West Ham. And that's saying something.

Totally agree

At west ham we couldn't cope with their pace & power but at least we managed to pass the ball.
Tonight we couldn't string 2 passes together & that disappointed me.

I spoke to a friend of mine at half time & said I can accept being 2.0 down because we don't have the god given right to win every game but I can't accept watching us play that badly.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Bad first half neither team looked that good though they scored twice. New keeper went wrong way to start for the freekick then tried the right way, but thought second half good entertainment although never in control of the game. But fair result in the end.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
We were a huge threat as an attacking force and could have scored five. midfield completely went missing at times and was sloppy as hell in the first half. Defence was league one at best first half but improved when painter went off. Crowd was also a mixed bag. Booing at half time was pathetic but they got behind them second half

if we had strikers that could score obviuously

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
I have only seen a few games this season and thought today was excellent entertainment. I was on the East Side towards the South Stand ie where Brighton were attacking first half. Buckley was a real threat and Mickail-Smith had a good game. MS is not a great finisher but he worked the ball well and put in a lot of effort. He deserves a place in the side on that performance. The goalkeeper and defence were very shaky first half and it seemed to me they were overplaying the passing. Second half we became more direct. Dunk had a good game and won plenty in the air. I agree that Painter looks off the pace and Lua-Lua suffered as a result. LL did not get enough good ball. Dicker had an in and out game, some good passes yet was caught out on occasions. Vicente was interesting and I would hope that today was not one of his better games.

Watford came with a good game plan and looked physical. They got into Ashley Barnes and Buckley early (they had done their homework).

We gave Watford too much and on another day we might beat them comfortably. I thought our team looked pretty exciting at times and a decent progression from League 1. Bring on next season. I reckon a lot of contributors on here are critical/over critical because that is their nature and their nature is to find fault rather than praise. A pity but that is life. Their loss.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here