Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What Did You Do Today Instead of Watching the Wedding.

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
Had a competition and BBQ at our clay pigeon shooting club. Given my success though, I might have been more effective chucking confetti at the clays, woeful!
Didn't escape the wedding fully as they had it on on the tv there and there was a very nice Union Flag cake.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I awoke with a devilish hangover and downed a pair of pints of water as my leg began to freeze up. A coffee followed and then a poo. I waffled on here for a while before heading to bed for a nap. The replacement to my fautly replacement phone arrived from the paws of a small european man. He didn't seem to be wearing any protective garb, so maybe he was just a walking courier, one of Europe's quickest and most precise amblers. I plugged the phone parts in and smiled that i could be contacted in such a way (although, of course it meant with the accidental deletion of the NAMES file that i seemed to know noone at all, and not the Craigy one). A second nap whilst reading more of the Battle of Bernabeu, and here i am again, just killing some moments prior to running to collect the bike i padlocked to the pub i was in yesteday evening. Annoyingly, it's just off of Oxford Street, London, where i imagine the whole place is laced with a certain nationalistic pomposity. I'll sneer with each pedal, hopefully, and bark at celebraters in a curmudgeonly and stillalittlebithungovery fashion.

colinz

Banned
Oct 17, 2010
Auckland
Watched the Basketball. The New Zealand Breakers, the first NZ team from any sporting code to win an Australian based competition.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Sat in the Crucible press room writing about snooker for what, including preview pieces, is probably about 21 days in a row (ie almost as mind-numbing as the Royal wedding).

This has not prevented a series of lazy, cheesy Wills and Kate references leaking into tomorrow's UK copy.

And I have successfully pitched and sold a feature on Ding in tomorrow's South China Morning Post, which is a first.

Only three more days to go after today in the bunker.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Watched Princess Mononoke, All Quiet on the Western Front and caught up on some tv viewing from the week (Chuck, Diners Drive-ins and Dives, and am now on Battlestar Galactica)

Jul 12, 2003
Oxfordshire
Went on a 6-mile sponsored walk with my son, in aid of a new mobile net and artificial wicket at our cricket club (as well as raising money for a local hospice).

Finished back at the clubhouse - beers and a game of cricket.

Followed that with a boootiful curry lunch from one of the local restaurants, who are also one of our main sponsors.

Fantastic day so far :smile:

Oh, was there a wedding on or summink.....?

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
What's your stats?

No stats today. I was riding my commuter as I have recently serviced the old deer and thought she deserved a proper ride. Anecdotal evidence would say I am stone over weight and very slow at the moment. The ride was about 30 miles and took about 2 hours that is as accurate as I can get.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No stats today. I was riding my commuter as I have recently serviced the old deer and thought she deserved a proper ride. Anecdotal evidence would say I am stone over weight and very slow at the moment. The ride was about 30 miles and took about 2 hours that is as accurate as I can get.
I'm rather kicking myself that I/we didn't arrange a ride for this morning, what with the traffic being as it was.
I did sign up for SRS Events, Tour de Weald this morning, so that's something to look forward to.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here