Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What did we learn from Dick Knight's Interview in teh Argus

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
1. There is money available for wages - so all of the usual suspects on here slagging people off who suggested players by saying " wages" need to apologise to them unreservedly.

2. Its is not MM's fault that players wont come here it is all about Withdean.

3. We only received half of the million and half for Virgo and will recieve the other half in the summer - which begs the question, if the extra money is guaranteed to be coming in, then could we have taken a punt on a player knowing the money will be available? speculation?

4. Shaggy is still at the club and being coached back to fitness by our goal keeping coach....Why?

5. All our current woes are LDC's fault.

That's all right then

BTW ST renewal sent off today

warlingham seagull

Jul 28, 2004
Warlingham
"Meanwhile, Albion have been invited by Arsenal to play a friendly behind closed doors next Tuesday morning in which the Gunners are expected to give run-outs to some of their high-profile injury casualties, such as Sol Campbell and Ashley Cole. "

Any chance we are 'rewarded' with a loan signing?!

???

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Dies Irae said:
1. There is money available for wages - so all of the usual suspects on here slagging people off who suggested players by saying " wages" need to apologise to them unreservedly.

Surely whether wages will be an issue depends on the individual players' demands doesn't it? I'm sure theres money for some wages but that doesn't mean there won't be players out there who are demanding far more than we can afford.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
warlingham seagull said:
"Meanwhile, Albion have been invited by Arsenal to play a friendly behind closed doors next Tuesday morning in which the Gunners are expected to give run-outs to some of their high-profile injury casualties, such as Sol Campbell and Ashley Cole. "

Any chance we are 'rewarded' with a loan signing?!

???

They seem keen to come down to Brighton.....

Shaggy could be good backup for Hendo, plus it is our duty to look after him

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Re: Re: What did we learn from Dick Knight's Interview in teh Argus

Rangdo said:
Surely whether wages will be an issue depends on the individual players' demands doesn't it? I'm sure theres money for some wages but that doesn't mean there won't be players out there who are demanding far more than we can afford.

I agree with that, however, the propensity for certain people on here to shout" wages" whenever someone is mentioned, no matter who it is has been rubbished by the very person who knows, and hopefully that will serve as a lesson to those on here who think by supposedly talking to people at the club and "nowing more than anyone on here" that in fact they know nothing and it is ingenuous to those people on here who speculate and put their suggestions.......takes a deep breath.... for discussion.

In other words, if you dont know that wages is an issue dont go "holier than thou " on everyone.

:) :) :) ( do you see I finished off with a LI smilie)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I took the view that as Kuips is on a call back clause, then why do we not send the Frenchman back, after all i assume he is being paid wages by us etc.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Dies Irae said:
I took the view that as Kuips is on a call back clause, then why do we not send the Frenchman back, after all i assume he is being paid wages by us etc.

Are we not still obliged to pay them even if we send him back.......... Lincoln would have had to pay Molango's if they had sent him back

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Nice to know Dick Knight is still alive & kicking.

Welcome back Dick :clap2:

All I can read from the interview in the Argus today is a clever bit of PR work.

It's just my oppinion but with Dick Knight doing live question & answer sessions on friday & saturday he was obviously going to do something this week and I think there was only 3 options.

1) Sack Mcghee, would satisfy the anti mcghee's but would leave him open to being shot at by the pro mcghee's

2) Make a big signing, would satisfy the fans, but in reality that signing aint gonna happen this season.

3) Do an exclusive in the Argus to nullify 50% of the questions Dick will be asked on Fri/Sat before they're even asked.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here