Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What did Ferrett say that was so bad?

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lord Bracknell I DEMAND to know who sent it and to whom. You cannot come on here making WILD ACCUSATIONS and dispensing UNSUBSTANSIATED RUMORS unless you have the FACTS to back them up.

(However I don't expect you to actually reveal your sources despite being hounded - no one else does).

...... and another thing. How could anybody object to what Ferret said? There have been some below-par performances.

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
The Large One said:
Consider yourself hounded Ed. I know where you live.

Oh, and BG, Lord Bracknell talks to the board and senior officials. You're just bitter about them.

Wow! Whoopie do! :rolleyes:

Bully for him! :shootself

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Agree with Lush, Hungry Joe and Brovian in that the club are becoming very sensitive to any criticism and for Ferret to feel he has to contribute to any appeal to appease them is bang out of order. After all it's not as if Mark McGhee hasn't said that at times.

If I was doing that sort of stuff for FREE for the club and they treated me like that they would soon be told where to go and then Paul Camillin can write whatever the club, sorry, he wants all the time. I always preferred Ferret's stuff before he was 'controlled' by the club anyway.

The siege mentality worked very well for us on the pitch when MA was with us but not so sure it works so well at board level and just makes me think that a couple of them are feeling backed into a corner and are making their last stand.

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
Brovian said:
...... and another thing. How could anybody object to what Ferret said? There have been some below-par performances.

Ahhh Yes. However, as Lush posted, that wasn't quite the phrase that was used.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Robert Lester Zamora said:
Ahhh Yes. However, as Lush posted, that wasn't quite the phrase that was used.
Ah you are correct. I've just re-read it and the quote was 'below-par efforts', not 'performances'.

Still, I think we're arguing over semantics and I don't think it needed such a grovelling apology, it's by no means the worst thing that's been said this season and it was on the 'Fans' section. If it had appeared as 'news' then the manager and players, if they were feeling particularly thin-skinned, may have taken offence.

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
Brovian said:
it's by no means the worst thing that's been said this season and it was on the 'Fans' section. If it had appeared as 'news' then the manager and players, if they were feeling particularly thin-skinned, may have taken offence.

Just to clarify things before they get confused

The column actually appeared in QPR's program and was read in the dressing room prior to the match.

Anyway - what is done is done and that chapter is now considered closed by all involved.

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
Hungry Joe said:
FFS! First Harty and now this. I know Dick and the board have done some amazing things but have they disappeared up their own arses lately or what?

Just to clarify things, before they become confused...

There has been no reaction or comment at all from the board, DK or MP, in relation to the column that was published in the QPR program.

The only discussions that have taken place have been between the author and the playing side of the club.

This is now considered resolved

Lord Bracknell said:
This is far less than the offence of a VERY senior club official who sent a text message at the end of away game a few years back - "We lost 1-0. We were crap".

Unfortunately, instead of it reaching the close family member it was intended for, the muppet sent it to the manager.

That manager walked out shortly afterwards.

:lolol:

and were we..........?

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Robert Lester Zamora said:
Just to clarify things before they get confused

The column actually appeared in QPR's program and was read in the dressing room prior to the match.

Anyway - what is done is done and that chapter is now considered closed by all involved.

Ok, still think they're acting a bit defensive and arrogant lately though and that it was an over-reaction by the playing staff to prompt Ferret to publish such a groveling apology.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
What a lot of crap. I know our lads aren't exatly the best paid bunch and I've never doubted their commitment, but they have to accept that negative comments come with the job sometimes.

Are we expected to believe that there haven't been a few tough words in the dressing room after some matches?

The grovelling public apology goes way beyond what should be expected for a comment of that type.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Storer68 said:
Below par perfoamnces this season (IMHO)

Burnley (h)
Wigan (a) - absolutely usless
Plymouth (h)
Crewe (a)
Bristol Rovers (h)
cardiff (h)
Yes, but those were not below par 'efforts' which I think is the word objected to. Those were merely matches where the result of 100% 'effort' was a below par 'performance'.

Anyway, storm in a teacup by the sound of it - although I am looking forward to Ferret's column after the next poor result/performance/whatever when he demands that the entire sqaud be put up for aution on e-bay.

Brovian said:
Yes, but those were not below par 'efforts' which I think is the word objected to. Those were merely matches where the result of 100% 'effort' was a below par 'performance'.

Anyway, storm in a teacup by the sound of it - although I am looking forward to Ferret's column after the next poor result/performance/whatever when he demands that the entire sqaud be put up for aution on e-bay.

I bid £5 for Guy Butters:lolol:

Hungry Joe said:
Ok, still think they're acting a bit defensive and arrogant lately though and that it was an over-reaction by the playing staff to prompt Ferret to publish such a groveling apology.

Eh? Ferret used a stupid word, because our players being told they haven't been trying in matches by one of their "own" just before they go out and play QPR is not exactly what they want to hear just as they prepare to leave the dressing rooms. He probably meant to say performance, realised he made a boob when he got a bit of stick for it afterwards, and has tried to make up for it. Good for him, sounds a nice bloke. Big deal really.

The only over-reaction I've seen is your wild accusations about control-freakery in this thread against Knight and Perry. But, hey, no need for a grovelling apology.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here