Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What can I get for the missus for winterval that is nice and original

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
There's supposed to be this really nice Lapland place somewhere in Dorset I've been hearing about. Couple of tickets for that and you've got yourself a nice day out in the Crimbo hols. She'll be CHUFFED.

:thumbsup:

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
ironcart2.jpg
:thumbsup:

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
You used to be able to pay to have a star named after someone.

Not sure if the service is still available but it was a nice touch I thought and something a bit different

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
got my bird a couple of pressies that involve her being in THE KITCHEN, she'll love that!
gonna get her something else but alas I'm all outta ideas aswell!

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
good thread, I was just thinking exactly the same thing

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Where's all the WOMEN around here?

I was actually thinking of VOUCHERS for some nice shop or summat. Then they can get what they want and I reckon it's well THOUGHTFUL too. And easy. And it's quite hard to f*** up.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Why bother getting VOUCHERS for her ? Just give her CASH instead, then she can spend it wherever she WANTS.

And you can make a dirty evening out of it, making out she's a PROSSIE and that.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Why bother getting VOUCHERS for her ? Just give her CASH instead, then she can spend it wherever she WANTS.

And you can make a dirty evening out of it, making out she's a PROSSIE and that.

Because vouchers says ''I couldn't really be that bothered to think of something but giving cash just makes one look a **** so here you are''.

I am now looking into some nice nightwear and she has just bought a new duvet and that.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Where's all the WOMEN around here?

I was actually thinking of VOUCHERS for some nice shop or summat. Then they can get what they want and I reckon it's well THOUGHTFUL too. And easy. And it's quite hard to f*** up.

vouchers for that beauticians opposite the Mash Tun could be good, the missis went there back in the summer and said it was wickerd !!!!

vouchers for shops 'I reckon' looks like you can't be arsed ...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
And it's quite hard to f*** up.

Reading between the lines you have managed that in the past and no longer have the confidence to make a choice :lol:

Been there, done that. Women can be a nightmare, unless of course it's diamonds when it is impossible to go wrong....

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I might just have the answer for you.
When you look at it, in the cold light of day, a couple of years ago, I just gave Wifey cash.

But here's the deal:-

£100, and an auction house catalogue.
She had to research the auction, see what she liked, then go alone and bid for it.
Wifey seemed quite impressed and certainly got into the swing of it.

But as I said, all I did, was basically give her cash, and request a brochure.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Tell you what I did one year, as an extra pressie for the missus (not her MAIN one of course).

I strumbled out of the pub on Christmas Eve far later than I had intended, and staggered up the High Street in Haywards Heath on a mission to buy her "something". It was about 5.30 (I'd been in the pub since lunchtime), and the only thing that was still open was a Robert DYAS. So I blearily perused a few pressure cookers and saucepans, before happening across an ELECTRIC BLANKET. She's ALWAY moaning about being cold, so I bought it.

Here's the really GOOD bit though. I couldn't be bothered to wrap it, and the state I was in it would have ended up looking like it had already been opened once. So I got home (after almost leaving it on the train), sneaked upstairs and INSTALLED it on the bed without her knowing, and switched it on. Had a very pleasant Christmas Eve evening with the egg nog, Baileys, mint Matchmakers, Twiglets and a DVD.

So then the time comes for us to troop up the wooden hills. She climbs into the surprising and completely unexpected WARMTH of the freshly electrocuted bed. I gave a cheeky wink and slurred "Merry Christmas darling". She got out and punched me in the face.

(she didn't really - she was well chuffed. The blanket didn't come off till about May).

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Tell you what I did one year, as an extra pressie for the missus (not her MAIN one of course).

I strumbled out of the pub on Christmas Eve far later than I had intended, and staggered up the High Street in Haywards Heath on a mission to buy her "something". It was about 5.30 (I'd been in the pub since lunchtime), and the only thing that was still open was a Robert DYAS. So I blearily perused a few pressure cookers and saucepans, before happening across an ELECTRIC BLANKET. She's ALWAY moaning about being cold, so I bought it.

Here's the really GOOD bit though. I couldn't be bothered to wrap it, and the state I was in it would have ended up looking like it had already been opened once. So I got home (after almost leaving it on the train), sneaked upstairs and INSTALLED it on the bed without her knowing, and switched it on. Had a very pleasant Christmas Eve evening with the egg nog, Baileys, mint Matchmakers, Twiglets and a DVD.

So then the time comes for us to troop up the wooden hills. She climbs into the surprising and completely unexpected WARMTH of the freshly electrocuted bed. I gave a cheeky wink and slurred "Merry Christmas darling". She got out and punched me in the face.

(she didn't really - she was well chuffed. The blanket didn't come off till about May).
My wife's always WHINING about the cold. I'm gonna pinch that idea. CHARS EASY. :cheers:

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008

Because it's thoughtful, it might not of cost loads but it shows you've thought about it (or perhaps not) and you installed it in the bed as well, extra. Well done :laugh:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here