Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What Book are you Currently Reading?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Adam Smith's The Wealth of Nations. its rather dry but interesting for the most part.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
jeffman's thrown a wobbly - jeff stelling

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
programmable logic controllers - W Bolton

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
OU Set book..Dr faustus - marlowe

Its bloody hard work

Lush

Mods' Pet
This is bloomin' marvellous. A slowish start, but stick with ..

61ffCyC%2BwwL.jpg

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Just finished The Girl that kicked The Hornets Nest. That's the last of the three The Girl series, there won't be any more. :down:
I really enjoyed them, a good read.

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
The world in crisis 1911-18
Winston S Churchill

As a great reader of the First World War, this has been a fantastic read thus far, puts you right back in the day, and dont want it to finish, mind you its 880 pages so will be a month yet!

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Currently reading Sacred Games by Vikram Chandra - similarities to Shantaram, set in Mumbai,about a gangster named Gaitonode Ganash - 900 pages long,superbly detailed with brilliantly drawn characters - would highly recommend i

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
"Nothing To Envy" by Barbara Demick.

She's an American journalist based in Seoul, and the book is true accounts of life in North Korea from people who have defected.

Fantastic book, really throws a light on what life there is like for the majority. One case it discusses is that of a doctor who managed to get across the border to China and only realised the full scale of how bad things had been when she found dogs in China eating better than she had done in North Korea.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
brilliant books and he is a sussex solicitor, I wonder if he is abrighton fan?
Have been reading C.J Sansom's masterpieces recently. Murder mysteries set in the time of Henry VIII, I have found them utterly gripping. I recommend reading No2 first ('Dark Fire') as the first one was far less exciting (and it matters very little if you read them chronologically or not). If you are interested in period history novels I reckon you'll like this one.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
OU Set book..Dr faustus - marlowe

Its bloody hard work

Weren't you reading that a couple of months ago, Dave? I'm sure I remember mentioning that The Globe were doing Dr Faustus this summer. Anyway, if I didn't, it will be well worth catching in the open air, The Globe is always atmospheric.

I'd like to say I was reading Charlie Oatway's book but I finished it in half an hour. I'm now reading The Big Short by Michael Lewis. It's about the banking crash and am already getting into it. He's an excellent writer on finance - his book Liar's Poker about the rise of the financial institutions in the 80s (and the 87 crash) is fantastic.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Tackling Life by some fella named Charlie.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
The Complaints - Ian Rankin.
Much more my sort of thing than the book I just finished. New York The Novel by Edward Rutherfurd was painfully slow and long.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here