Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What BICYCLE(S) do you own?

Yoda

English & European
CrabtreeBHA said:
the gears are f***ed on mine and have been since I bought it, damn things change themselves without warning! tried fixing it but to no avail.

I keep having trouble with my gears too.

The amount of time's I've had to tighten them up. :angry:

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
i have one, but i dunno what it is called or who it is made by.
i went into the shop and asked to buy their cheapest brand new bike. It cost me £80, so i guess it is fairly shit, but i only want it to ride round uni and most people's get nicked at uni so it is probably good that it ain't worth nicking!
I think it has 18 gears, but i only use about 3 of them!

Jul 20, 2003
For 18 years until last Friday a Peugout PX-10 (see signature)
:(
hopefully sort that out by the weekend

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
A Saxon Timberlake. Its an OK hybrid road/mountain bike, massive tubing so its pretty light for a steel bike/.

I probably got ripped by the shop, as I paid E219 for it last August and I've just found it online for £79.99. Then again, I've a feeling that 79.99 is before VAT and that sites shipping is ripping - about 50 quid to get it over here..

The bike shop convinced me it was made in the UK, and build quality wise I'd agree - the front brakes keep failing! I just don't like buying american brands if I can avoid it, and also "american brands" usually make their bikes in worse sweatshops than the european ones

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Hrmm, apparentlty the Saxon that makes my bike is a "cheap nasty company from south wales" (quoting a bike history site) who use an older, more respected firms trademarks

Have had a clearout. The rusty old bikes have gone. Replaced by this:-

bcde557b45716015a85c8f437e44694f.gif

bodo

Jun 8, 2004
I have a 1998 Marin East Peak which I keep adding new toys to and a Nigel Dean road bike, unfortunately they don't see as much daylight as they should!

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
Used to have a 1998 Marin Nail Trail but it got too uncomfortable. The front cable disc brake was a joke & the RST forks sucked !

Traded it in for a 2001 Specialized Enduro Sport, fully suspended & managed to get the shop to take off the Marzocchi Bomber forks & put on my Pace RC36 Evo 3's.

I haven't ridden it this year yet, been at too many football matches ! :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Ah, found one. Don't know anything about bikes. Just bought this second hand (but in v.g.c) for £100 to do the London-Brighton. Price guide on the site says £199. Was I ripped off or did I do okay ?

p.mb030616.mp.a.jpg

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
pasty said:
Ah, found one. Don't know anything about bikes. Just bought this second hand (but in v.g.c) for £100 to do the London-Brighton. Price guide on the site says £199. Was I ripped off or did I do okay ?

p.mb030616.mp.a.jpg

for £100 its ok! i would spend less than £1000 on a bike! Theres such beautiful south downs wrapped around the area, go explore it!

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Fausto Coppi...... road bike..... lean and mean.... smooth as a babies bum

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
2002 Specialized Sirrus Sport.......

with a silver Elite by Ciussi water bottle holder

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
heres an image, well the link anyway... same color as mine too

Wienergull

Geht in Ordnung
Jul 10, 2003
Berlin Mitte
Have owned a Dawes Horizon since 1991. Quality touring bike with old-fashioned drop handlebars. Has never let me down, and now the fine weather's arrived in Vienna, I'll be out on it a lot more.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here