Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What are your expectations for this season?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Last year, given our recent record in the Championship, I would have taken survival but hoped for a lower mid table finish. I was really chuffed with the way we were in the playoff frame until the last few games and accepted we didn't have enough about us in the run in.

This year though, with the signing of possibly the best keeper since Peter Grummitt ( I discount Corrigan as he was in decline when he came here) and what looks like the signing of Vicente I think I'll be disappointed if we don't make the playoffs, especially as I think we are going to sign quite a few more quality players , either on a season long loans or permanent before long.

Just a good season flirting with the playoffs will suit me fine but I now expect us to be contenders for promotion at least, via the playoffs.

Am I getting carried away?? I cannot be alone in being even more excited than I was last season.....can i?

I know that this division has loads of quality teams and more than few with massive parachute payments, so maybe I am getting carried away, but hey it's pre-season :shrug:

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
What my answer might be now may not be the same come August depending who comes into the squad

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Better than 10th!

As Bloom has said, the away form needs improving dramatically. We were really dire for the most part on our travels.

I won't forget Coventry away for some time

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Whilst I am sure we will strengthen further so will others and it is going to be another very competitive division. I went for 12th last season so reckon 9th-10th for this one

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Just as long as it it is more than 12 points ahead and 7 places above Palace in the table I don't really care where we finish.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Just as long as it it is more than 12 points ahead and 7 places of Palace in the table I don't really care where we finish.

I think Palace need to worry about us rather than the other way round tbh.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
The thing with parachute payments is that most of it is taken up paying shit players their over inflated wages on the back of them signing a long contract when they got promoted. I think the 3 year part of the parachute deal is to help clubs pay players until their Premier league contracts run out.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Just outside the play-off - possibly 8th

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I'd just be pleased to see us getting more than 1-2 shots on Target (or even off target) per game, not particularly fussed about whether we do better/worse, I don't believe we'll be going up/down this season, I'd just like to see us playing better football.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Looking at the sort of money that other clubs are spending or preparing to spend I think we would do well to achieve as highly as last season. Top half would be fantastic for me. Not having to battle relegation.... tremendous.

That said, after last week's all pervading gloom, the mood has obviously lightened with the addition of Kuszczak and the probable signing of Vicente. If the next two signings are of a quality with those then we might just be heading for another flirtation with the top six and an extra 12 months experience might leave Gus able to sustain the challenge.

Whatever happens is going to be exciting. I'm loathe to raise my expectation levels only to then be disappointed and, as I said, EVERYONE is spending money and improving - even Palace threaten to have a half decent squad FFS :lol:

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
9th

I'd be very happy with that.

Play-offs are possible but I think we need a bit of luck, automatic promotion would be dreamland.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Most of us would be happy with 10th again,but a few tweaks and we have a championship chasing squad,get a quality box to box midfielder and bang the dirt has gone.

Last edited:

Brok

🦡
Dec 26, 2011
Very, very optimistic. No reason not to be at the mo, everything is coming together so perfectly, and so quickly,
it is such a good time to support the Albion.

In fact, no. I will go further and say that this is the best we've ever had it. And it's getting better every day...

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
I just want to see blood, guts, crash, bang, wallop, and the net frequently bulging, down their end :rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here