Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What are your biggest concerns regarding our current predicament?

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Keeping giving the ball away. It was happening time and again against West Ham and Birmingham. We would get a promising move going, then the final ball would be awful and end up with the other side. For Gus's style of play to work, passes have to be accurate. May be stating the obvious, but there you are. Also, for me, the constant slating of individual players. I'm sure the last time we were in the Championship and were truly awful, this didn't happen. For me, Carpenter and Hammond were absolute pants for the second half of the 2005-06 season, yet neither they, nor any other player got the level of abuse that Ankergren and Barnes have been getting. Sure, a fair number had a go at Leon Knight, and rightly so, and McGhee got all the rubbish from Ernest and his mates, but nothing like what CA and AB have been subjected to.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
My biggest concern is Poyets stubborness. There is more than one way of playing football - yes possesssion is important but we are dominating possesssion and losing games. Why did he persist with Dicker ? A. Dicker is the best passer, problem is that he was painfully slow on the ball. The players need the freedom to play a 'risky ball' in the last 3rd rather than cut back and maintain possession, this is more likely to create a chance. Gus has the ability to be a top manager, although if he 'goes home' now his next job is at the best championship. Learn your trade Gus, to be a top manager at times you will need to be flexible and maybe a bit more humble (even if the humility is in private).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here