Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What are you looking forward to more.....

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
But it will be the Di Maria & Pepe types cheating; and teams running down the clock for 70 minutes after taking an early lead ('Time management'), ... that will mean there will be no repeat of the amazing Italia90 & Mexico86 for alround football.

I'd agree about Mexico 86 but Italia 90? I can't think of a more brutal, negative tournament won by a team who had diving down to an art form.

Oh, and to the OP, Euro 2012. The Olympics has just too many noddy events.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Olympics. Ever since the Athens Games I've been hooked on watching hours of random sports at the Olympics, and this year's no exception. It's just a shame that so many cynics spoil the show. Beijing never had that problem (overlooking the human rights issues, of course - it was still a brilliant event).

With the Euros, I'm sure I'll just be gearing up for a load of disappointment. I'll still watch the England games, but I am more looking forward to London 2012.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Olympics. It's a once in a lifetime chance to see it in my home country.

Plus nearly all of our footballers are essentially total dicks, off and frequently on the field, who unfailingly let the nation down.

I have absolutely no empathy or sense of identification with John Terry, to use but one example, whereas I find myself backing Jessica Ennis, Tom Daley, Rebecca Adlington, Victoria Pendleton, Chris Hoy, Ben Ainslie, David Weir, Paula Radcliffe, Dai Davies and so on all the way.

Go Team GB :thumbsup:

D

Deleted member 18477

Wimbledon. 25th June - I think!

this. f***ing love wimbledon!

between now and august these are the sporting events that im most looking forward to in order:

wimbledon(tennis)
mens 100m final(olympics)
euro's(football)
champs league final (football)
mens 200m final(olympics)
mens 100m relay final(olympics)
British grand prix (F1)
roland garros (french open)(tennis)
Canadian grand prix (F1)
Lamont Peterson v Amir Khan (boxing)
US open championship (golf)
The open championship (golf)
PGA championship (golf)
mens 400m final(olympics)
mens triple jump(olympics)
football (team GB)(olympics)
Floyd Mayweather Jr v Miguel Cotto(boxing)
US open (tennis)

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Euros - to watch Germany and Spain rape teams and England get beat.

Deutschland über alles.

4-p

Sep 3, 2011
Shoreham
I've tried to care about the Olympics but I can't. Even though some of the events are always good I can't get away from the fact that the British people have been robbed blind for the whole thing.

People have been evicted from their rented homes, because people coming from abroad would pay that much more, for the Olympic period. Some landlords have found ppl alterative lodgings for the time but most have just kicked people out for the money.

And the ticket printing went to a US firm! Britain's largest ever print job didn't even go to a UK company ... Utter wankers

So Euros all the way for me

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This thread needs a poll.

Le Tour by a long way.
Olympics
Test cricket
England's Euro's.

Stick:-
Grand Prix
Wimbledon
up your arse.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
at the beach do people run to the shore to watch someone swimming?

on the roads do cars stop to watch joggers?

does anyone hve an urge to see someone jumping into sand?

no.

but because it is the olympics people pay tickets and go and watch such folly. "oh but they are racing" grow up.

always thought the olympics was complete folly and a waste of money.

there are about 3 million swimming events, and 14 million rowing events - it is nonsense.

how about a 1 lane race - 500 swimmers 1 event, half a mile long. done and dusted. boys and girls mixed.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

no.

but because it is the olympics people pay tickets and go and watch such folly. "oh but they are racing" grow up.

there are about 3 million swimming events, and 14 million rowing events - it is nonsense.

how about a 1 lane race - 500 swimmers 1 event, half a mile long. done and dusted. boys and girls mixed.

As usual you have a stupid argument. Why do you post on a football forum, men running round kicking a ball whilst grown men sing to them. Is this really your best response to this thread, pathetic.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

no.

You really do spout some shit mate.

mooey

Mar 30, 2012
Looking forward to all the events cant wait for the euro:)s optimistic fool.
Also got tickets for the mens semi final of the olympic football.
Bring on the summer of sport

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
As usual you have a stupid argument. Why do you post on a football forum, men running round kicking a ball whilst grown men sing to them. Is this really your best response to this thread, pathetic.

Quite. Even by Brunswick's usual standards, that plummets to new levels of ridiculousness.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here