Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] What are you doing on Monday?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Getting up nice and early to get the train and tube to Heathrow, to fly cattle class to Vegas via Houston, as my previous flight on the same day via Denver was cancelled yesterday as its timing would have seen it pass over some of the funeral events.

Why train and tube? Because most of the roads around Heathrow will have diversions because of the moving of the coffin to Windsor (not to mention likely heavy traffic caused by people going to Windsor).

Why early? Because everyone going to London.

All in all will add about 4 hours to the travel so that I can do two days of a convention and come home cattle class via Denver on Thursday night.

:yawn:

All booked ages ago and quite lucky to still be going I suppose but a day lounging around, nibbling and having an odd beer and trying to ignore the dog has gone out of the window.

kentgully

Jan 10, 2016
Worthing
It promises to be the most boring bank holiday ever, as nothing is open. So yes, I'll probably watch an hour of the funeral. Sigh.

Apart from that, my wife has made a list of DIY jobs for me to do. Fair play, given the dearth of alternatives (with the obvious exception of Netflix) I think I'm quite happy to get it done.

Happy to be paid though i bet...

kentgully

Jan 10, 2016
Worthing
Did you really think that was appropriate, fella? Show some respect to HM, Queen Elizabeth ll.

Just because your country is turning into a racist and dangerous place.

We're not going to witness a day like Monday again for the rest of our lives. 70 years serving Great Britain. What a magnificent lady. The TV will be on most of the day with special food (sausage rolls, cheese pastries, chicken sandwiches etc) served as a family get together.

I bet he's good at it...

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
My customers were surprised I wanted to work in their house on Monday. I really do though.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Working. Double time plus a day off in lieu to use when the Great British public are safely back at work and school, marvellous.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Happy to be paid though i bet...

Sadly, my taxes pay for the royals as much as yours do. But if you're offering me the choice, I'd rather have MY bank holiday on a day when the cap doffing deference isn't in full swing and disrupting my life unreasonably.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'll watch HM's send off then go for a walk hunting mushrooms and Sloes or just go up the plot and do some work.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I'll watch HM's send off then go for a walk hunting mushrooms and Sloes or just go up the plot and do some work.

I’m getting some scrooms and spores soon veg.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Imagine you reluctantly end up watching the funeral and discover Andy Townsend is on the commentary.

"There's a lot of mourners in and around Westminster Abbey"

“They’ve almost buried her too well, for me Clive.”

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here