Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What are these holes in our laminate flooring?

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Fairy nuff. Need to stop bleating about your new home tho eh, else have the good grace to change your username to Needy Rob :moo:

p06jcpk4.jpg

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
It won’t help solve the mystery, but this thread has reminded me of some graffiti I found amusing (I think it was in The Office on Sydney St):

A5A94F67-8C0C-4BB6-8808-0FC72AE292EF.jpeg

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
Sorry, hardly a fascinating topic I know, but does anyone know what these hole are for in the corner of our laminate floor of our new house? I'm guessing that they might be to allow the floor to breath, aiding expansion and contraction, but that's just a wild guess. I'd love to know the answer if anyone knows?

View attachment 139401

They look like baby graboids to me

Brok

🦡
Dec 26, 2011
Laminate flooring is shit.
Laminate flooring looks shit.
Laminate flooring sounds like shit when you walk on it.
Laminate flooring feels like shit when you walk on it.

So, to sum up, Laminate flooring is shit.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Is there a wood burning stove in that room? If so, this could be to increase the ventilation/draught if the stove is a bigger capacity than the size of the room by drawing air from outside via the airbrick and underfloor space.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
I'm looking at all the clues the photograph provides and I think the answer lies under that piece of furniture. I spy a Burrito Boi card. Then it becomes obvious.
Its a floor integrated burrito holder.

20210812_191815.jpg

bb logo_1619536365.png

20210812_191601.jpg

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Sorry, hardly a fascinating topic I know, but does anyone know what these hole are for in the corner of our laminate floor of our new house? I'm guessing that they might be to allow the floor to breath, aiding expansion and contraction, but that's just a wild guess. I'd love to know the answer if anyone knows?

View attachment 139401

Is that a nail above the holes by the skirting? Pretty sure laminate flooring shouldn't be nailed down.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Glory holes?

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
They aren't random holes, the one in the middle is smaller and there is a circular mark linking the one's nearest. So it is probably a piece of equipment. Have a look at the selling brochure and see if it is showing on that?

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Do the holes go through the original floor boards underneath too or are they just through the laminate?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

View attachment 139401
I would just smash it up like you did the toilet.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Maybe it was a bit bouncy, so the previous owner tried a nail which didnt work then drilled a few holes and pumped some silicone / glue down them

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here