Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What are the official odds on CHARLTON making it?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I knew you'd be along with your six million quotes, and glib, pointlessly contrary load of bollocks.
Er, ok.
I bet you any money that you will not find a Charlton win at Middlesbrough quoted at 2/1 or better
Charlton winning at 'boro is best price 11-5 (2-1 easily available) http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/championship/middlesbrough-v-charlton/winner - that's a 1 in 3 chance (or less).

and you DEFINITELY won't find a Charlton home win against Bristol City at evens.
The odds for that match aren't up yet, but there's not a single match in the Championship this weekend with winning odds as low as evens, so I though evens was about right.

"Jesus", go and check your maths.
I may have been right.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Er, ok.
Charlton winning at 'boro is best price 11-5 (2-1 easily available) http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/championship/middlesbrough-v-charlton/winner - that's a 1 in 3 chance (or less).

The odds for that match aren't up yet, but there's not a single match in the Championship this weekend with winning odds as low as evens, so I though evens was about right.

I may have been right.
Ok, your Middlesbrough odds might have been right (although I'm surprised), but Charlton will be priced well below evens against Bristol City. Are you new to football betting?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Ok, your Middlesbrough odds might have been right (although I'm surprised), but Charlton will be priced well below evens against Bristol City.
Ok, so I was generous with my 'boro odds (there's less that a 1 in 3 chance of Charlton winning) and you think I've been to tight with the odds against Bristol :shrug: Overall my figures seem like a fair estimation and 66/1 looks awful.

Last edited:

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Charlton will be around 4/6 to beat Brizzle City (unless the results have left them with a real chance to make the play-offs, in which case you're looking at 1/2)
Cannot believe the team with the best away record in the division and whose last away game finished 0-6 are 11/5 to win at Boro. That's like finding money in the street. £20 of mine straight on Charlton win.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
I take it that you must be pleased with the great job Powell is doing then?

I absolutely love Sir Chrissy Powell, but I'm very well aware that we were 18th or thereabouts a month ago and the fact is our current astonishing rise - born of nothing more than six games in a row without defeat - says more about the closeness of this division than anything else. Fourth best away record in the division but second worst home record. Money men stopped investing in the summer (hence most Charlton fans expecting relegation) and while they relented with a brief pocket-dip for loan fees, we still have an 80%+ League One level squad. The club has been on sale all season, but the current owners want too much for it (they claim to be losing £1m a month) and every potential buyer has baulked at the valuation. A change of ownership and even a 'modest' injection of money for strengthening in the summer (£2m, maybe) and we should make a decent first of next season. As it stands I have more chance of finding Scarlett Johansson in my bed when I get in than Charlton have of making the play offs this season.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
As it stands I have more chance of finding Scarlett Johansson in my bed when I get in than Charlton have of making the play offs this season.
Even if that's 1/500, there's a chance right. I'd be sprinting home.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here