Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What are films that 'everyone's seen' but you haven't?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Following MoH's shock announcement that he's never seen It's a Wonderful Life, what are the well-known films that you've managed to miss?

For me it's Gone with the Wind, all of the Lord of the Rings and all the Star Wars films (apart from Star Wars itself).

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Blade Runner
The Godfather (any of them)
Beverly Hills Cop

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Silent Bob said:
I just haven't got round to it - pathetic, I know.

The plus side to having these big gaps in my cinematic knowledge is that when you DO finally get to see these things for the first time, it's great, of course.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I haven't seen any of the Lord of the Rings movies. This is mainly due to having once shared a flat with a large insomniac Liverpool supporting Goth who would play the spoken word books of all the Tolkien classics through the night when he couldn't sleep. Put me right off.

I've not yet seen Matrix 2 or 3 having not really enjoyed 1 and have twice passed out through Gladiator.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Gwylan said:
all the Star Wars films (apart from Star Wars itself).

Same here.

To which I add Jurassic Park.

Most of the others I'm missing are all kids movies. I haven't seen ET and have no intention of ever seeing it. Haven't seen any Harry Potter movies either, or any Disney cartoons made later than Robin Hood (ca. 1975).

There are plenty of grown-up's movies I have seen and wish i hadn't (Forrest Gimp anyone?).

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Sound of Music and I have no intention of ever seeing it thanks

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Re: Re: What are films that 'everyone's seen' but you haven't?

Trufflehound said:
(Forrest Gimp anyone?).

Indeed. I have always felt a bit mean hating that film but it really does take the cake when it comes to poor quality schmaltz. Give me Dumb and Dumber any day, stupid people exist to be laughed at right?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Man of Harveys said:
I just haven't got round to it - pathetic, I know.

The plus side to having these big gaps in my cinematic knowledge is that when you DO finally get to see these things for the first time, it's great, of course.
Very true.

I haven't seen any of the Pirates of the Caribbean films, which everyone else seems to. :shrug:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Guinness Boy said:
I haven't seen any of the Lord of the Rings movies.

Not seen any of them and no intention to, hated the books, had to do one of them at GCSE.

Although I did end up listening to whichever one was on Channel 4 the other week, as my flatmate (from France) had the volume up rather loud, even though he has to have the subtitles on as well to properly understand what is being said.

Odd.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
its on most Christmases, but i have never seen 'its a mad mad mad mad mad world'

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
Any of the larry potter films
Any of the lord of the rings films
Any of the superman films
Any of the batman flims
The Jungle Book
The 10 Commandmants
Caddyshack

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here