Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What an UNDERWHELMING deadline day

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Depends on your point if view. We made a profit on Wright and brought in an international. What's wrong with that?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
One of the most intelligent posts i've heard in a good while.

Is there an NSC Audio option then ? Its about time.
I want to hear Walt Jabsco's posts in the voice of John Inman, if thats technically possible.

Last edited:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
f*** me, that´s rich comming from you! :glare:

See you next Tuseday! **** :laugh:

f*** me mate your on holiday. Things can't be that boring surely ?.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
And after all the comings and goings of the summer is our squad REALLY stronger than it was at the end of last season? Results and the league table would suggest it isn't.

I know the results aren't there yet, but I truly believe we are much stronger than this time last year. Can you think of a position where we are actually weaker than we were 12 months ago?

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Ok, so we had two right wingers - one goes, one comes - we still have two.

No decent attacking option in central midfield.

SAKE.

I hope this new fella proves to be a hit - but was it REALLY where we needed strengthening?

I really do wish we'd give you the managers job and let you sort the team out. You seem to know where all the good attacking midfielders that we should be getting are- you harp on about them enough.

As an aside, I can't really think of a decent attacking midfielder in this league. Bradley Johnson maybe- but there's no chance of a player of his quality and expense coming to us.

So go on Walt, who should we have bought?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Bradley Johnson should not be out of our price range.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008

Why? The club itself has little money, we are making losses at Withdean.

Even if we could get him, he's an upper Championship player drawn to Leeds by the size of the club.

So who should we have targeted? C'mon, everyone's bandied about this "magical attacking midfielder", who is it? Who should we have signed?

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Why? The club itself has little money, we are making losses at Withdean.

Even if we could get him, he's an upper Championship player drawn to Leeds by the size of the club.

So who should we have targeted? C'mon, everyone's bandied about this "magical attacking midfielder", who is it? Who should we have signed?

I know what you're saying - a good attacking midfielder is a bit like trying to find a 30 goal a season striker, but Johnson An "upper Championship player"? Nah!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Explain why not.

We may have a nice new stadium going up but we're still skint or have you forgotten that?

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I know the results aren't there yet, but I truly believe we are much stronger than this time last year. Can you think of a position where we are actually weaker than we were 12 months ago?
I did say the end of last season rather than 'this time last year' and using the end of season as a base I can think of about six - up front, the entire starting midfield and in the goalkeeping department.

Obviously you (and a lot of others) will disagree and we can argue endlessly about the merits of the various signings and the players who were released; I mean, the most successful midfield we had last year (in terms of results) was basically two players who were popularly deemed to be 'useless' (Fraser and Loft), one has-been (Hart), and one player still at the club who apparently is no longer good enough (Dicker). When you think of all the supposedly 'better' players we had last year who'd have put money on those first three being an essential part of the team that saved us from relegation?

It all goes to prove that there's a certain alchemy to building a team and the whole is often greater than the sum of the parts. If that weren't true then the best 'real life' football managers would be anybody who was good at Championship Manager or a similar computer game. We had that alchemy, that blend and now we haven't. Hopefully we will get it again as on the face of it the players we have signed are supposedly better than what we had last year - but then we thought that about Adams's signings,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here