Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What an AWESOME game

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
I might be biased but I thought that was FANTASTIC entertainment.

May the Sky cameras remember this performance next time they're looking for a lower league encounter for telly.

WELL impressed

Bring on the era of SUPER GUS

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Fantastic performance!! Had to drive down to the coast to watch it and wasn't it worth it! Only comments I would make is that Brighton did not look as fit as Southampton in the stamina stakes. Maybe Gus sees this too & works on it. But hey what a result & a cast iron penalty denied!!! :clap::clap:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Was a great advert for League One football to be sure.

Murray (surprise!) turned it on EXACTLY when he needed to be in the shop window

FDM displayed the natural born athleticism we ridiculously take for granted

Gus gets the obligatory First Match In Charge win

Harding looks like the prick we always knew he was

Hammond looked Not All That

Everyone's a WINNAH! :clap2:

Janbha

Dec 5, 2008
Hove
enjoyable game even as a neutral, there were many empty seats though hardly any in the away end , what was the crowd ? looked well under par for a derby of sorts

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
A few of my premier league team supporting mates all said they really enjoyed it and thought it was a good standard. First goal was very good indeed.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Watching it again, I'm impressed with the way EVERYBODY in an Albion shirt is working hard, closing the opposition down and giving them no time at all. We haven't seen that for goodness knows how long from an Albion team. I'm also certain our lads will become much fitter over the next couple of months. One major disappointment (for me) of Russell's time in charge was how other teams always looked stronger and fitter than us, after he told us all that his team would be the fittest, hardest working in our division. That was a very differently prepared team out there today.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
So they bloody should be, Insider, it should show them that picking one of the big 4 v anybody else week after week does not entertain most people. I hope they take note.

A magnificent performance by players and fans, and Poyet does already look a class act. I'd just like though, even in the euphoria of the win, to suggest that it is only one game and we can't read an entire (second half of the) season into it. I also think that the players have ably displayed that they are much better than the season so far has suggested, and I think Slade was a bit hard done to by them frankly.

Ho hum - they seem to have responded to Poyet already and if they keep that standard up we can confidently keep our gaze above, rather than below us, at the very least.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Got back from Hants at 8 and waited to watch the re-run in the pub. Just got home (had a couple of cold drinks) Points:

1. We looked even better on TV than we did at the game itself.
2. Its a fkg site easier watching when you know the outcome.
3. Best performance since ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here