Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What about that thing called midfield?

FKalinx

Aug 18, 2006
Hiya Chaps,

I have been following the albion for 45 years but am new to the boards, so good-day to ya all.

I do not blame Mcghee for all our problems but there is one thing that frustrates me hugely:

Why does he always concentrate on the defence and the attack - what about the engine of the team - the midfield and especially the centre. WHy buy Lowe and Santos when our defence is proven, but negelct midfield when we have an ancient horse (Carpenter) and Hammond (who wouldn't look good in the conference). Moreover a target man would be good but only if he is fed with enough support. When the M word does pop into Mcghee's head, it is all about wingers.

Both Coppell and Adams made sure midefield was very important.

Id love to hear thoughts on this

Kalinx

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I feel for chippy as he is getting slaughtered on here when to me its Hammond that is the issue.
Chippy seems to be doing the work of two players while Hammond seems to do not a lot.
Maybe Santos is the answer?

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Tis true, although I thought Chippy looked much-improved last week, and Hammond has the ability (I think ...), he just hasn't shown it in a while. We're okay at the moment, but things'll look a little different if Stokes goes back to West Ham.

caz

Aug 10, 2005
Some of you know my thoughts regarding McGhee team selection.

Said last season how could he not play Nicolas, who was better in the centre than both the donkeys we have.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Welcome FK, I'm not sure you are supposed to talk sense on here though. ???

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
caz said:
Some of you know my thoughts regarding McGhee team selection.

Said last season how could he not play Nicolas, who was better in the centre than both the donkeys we have.

Remind me which illustrious team he plays for now?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here