Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What about nsc band?

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
Want to get yourself along to a local Brass Band! Think theres a band in Lancing, think they practice on Monday nights, sure theyve got something a bit bigger/better for you to play on.

Yep there is - lancing brass - practice above the British legion - my daughter plays the tenor horn - just learning - she's only 7 bless her but the people there are amazing with her - giving her lessons for free and the loan of an instrument for free - she has been going about 8 weeks and loves it - she has mastered many tunes and amazed us!!!

We stayed behind once and the adult band were playing the great escape - her little face when she realised what tune it was as she recognised it from the Albion games was a picture!!!!

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Yep there is - lancing brass - practice above the British legion - my daughter plays the tenor horn - just learning - she's only 7 bless her but the people there are amazing with her - giving her lessons for free and the loan of an instrument for free - she has been going about 8 weeks and loves it - she has mastered many tunes and amazed us!!!

We stayed behind once and the adult band were playing the great escape - her little face when she realised what tune it was as she recognised it from the Albion games was a picture!!!!

Sounds great! Is it free to attend?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
Sounds great! Is it free to attend?

Yes - beginners is 7 - 7.45 this is mainly for kids - but there is an adult who is learning the tenor horn too.

Adults band practice from 8 onwards I think - when my sister in law came down to stay she plays 1st cornet for Sellers International band she went along and took my daughter, her niece and they were happy for her to join in.

I can play the pink oboe pretty well - so I'm told x lol

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Yes - beginners is 7 - 7.45 this is mainly for kids - but there is an adult who is learning the tenor horn too.

Adults band practice from 8 onwards I think - when my sister in law came down to stay she plays 1st cornet for Sellers International band she went along and took my daughter, her niece and they were happy for her to join in.

I can play the pink oboe pretty well - so I'm told x lol

If you're going on Monday, is there any chance you'd be able to check if they have a tuba that I could use? I had to give my old one back :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here