Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What a waste of police and court time!

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Man fined for firing water pistol

A County Durham road worker has been fined £300 for firing a water pistol at a police officer.
Gary Parker told a court he was only having a "bit of fun" playing with pistols with friends last August.

Darlington Magistrates' Court found Parker guilty of causing a danger to a road user by interfering with a vehicle.

The 27-year-old, of Bondisle Way, Stanhope, Durham, was fined £100 and £200 costs.

The incident happened in Stanhope town square near Parker's parents' pub, the Bonny Moor Hen.

The family had been celebrating his mother's birthday playing in a paddling pool and having water pistol fights, magistrates were told.

Pc Frank Hewison had claimed the water had hit him in the face during the incident.

But magistrates said they were satisfied this was not the case, although some water may have entered the cab of his van causing him to brake suddenly.

Parker told the court: "I didn't see it as dangerous - I was only having a laugh."

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
I don't think firing a water pistol at the driver of a moving vehicle is the most clever think to do! £300 seems about right to me.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Lammy said:
I don't think firing a water pistol at the driver of a moving vehicle is the most clever think to do! £300 seems about right to me.

Slightly off topic but today some kids threw a conker at a passing bus driver in Sowerby West Yorkshire.
It knocked out the driver and he crashed into the side of the road.
Only the driver was hurt and taken to hospital.

Throwing conkers and water pistols - harmless fun?

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Everyone knows you shouldn't throw water pistols, they break and then the water leaks out

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Yorkie said:
Slightly off topic but today some kids threw a conker at a passing bus driver in Sowerby West Yorkshire.
It knocked out the driver and he crashed into the side of the road.
Does that make the conker a one'r or do you count all the passengers????

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here