Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What a shit away pub THAT was...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Anyone else go to the Larson Voce yesterday, right next to Trent Bridge ?
Utter pony. Oh sure, the sign outside ticked all the boxes. "Good food" it said. "Sky Sports" it said. Well, the "good food" amounted to a ham roll. Or a cheese roll. (Or "cob" as those dopey northerners called it). This amounted to a slightly squashed budget bread roll from Co-op, allegedly filled (I use the term loosely) with a slice of processed reformed ham, or a sorry piece of something pale and yellow masquerading as cheese. This banquet was available for the princely sum of a quid. Great effort there, really hit the spot.

As for the Sky Sports - my suspicions were aroused when they still had Football Focus on at 12.45 when the Liverpool game kicked off. Sure enough, their Sky licence had (apparently) been cancelled the day before. Just as all the Live football starts. Genius.

Food and football on the TV on a Saturday lunchtime, its not MUCH to ask is it ? Most pubs seem to manage it. Larson Voce - you have thus far claimed the official title of 'Shittest Away Pub of the Year' - it'll certainly take some beating. Mind you, Crewe and Scunny could well provide a challenger I suppose.

Last edited:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Phone the trades decription people.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I know, but my sister was with us and she wasn't keen on that idea. Plus I couldn't be bothered to walk back over the bridge.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Isn't there that pub 'The Honest Lawyer' at Scunny? Decent pub, great name...

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Found a decent bar for pre-match lunch at Crewe last season, have to admit that it was mainly locals in there, the food was good and the company very friendly a serious rival to Exeter as my best away trip.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Tooting Gull said:
Isn't there that pub 'The Honest Lawyer' at Scunny? Decent pub, great name...

There was a Honest Lawyer at Hull before they moved grounds. Was a great pub.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
All pubs right near to grounds are absolute shit - FACT. I really don't see why people are surprised when then discover this.

There are dozens of great pubs in Nottingham without the need to visit the ubiquitous Hooters or the tourist trap that is 'Ye Olde Trippe to Jerusalem'. We went to some crackers.

Seek and ye shall find.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
we went a fine pub with 14 real ales and huge baggettes for £4 a go - dont know what it was called but it was f=great and had forest and albion in it mixing freely was about 15 mins from the ground - great day out other than the result and M1 traffic jams

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
went in a decent pub by the river - on other side of river to city ground - just by bridge/road over river - mainly full of home fans but were quite friendly - asking them about Cullip they reckon he is ok, but only when not up against a lot of pace / skill - and as are quite secptical about promotion, reckon it could be a while before thay have to worry about if he can cope in the championship

Skintagain 1983

And Smith Did Score!
ac gull said:
went in a decent pub by the river - on other side of river to city ground - just by bridge/road over river - mainly full of home fans but were quite friendly -

If it was the CASA, we were in there too... was very busy but no problems with the home fans either.

Was bit of a carzy though.

Coat...

Wish we'd met Dandyman et al at the Lincolnshire Poacher. Could have done with a top quality pint. :drink: :drink: :drink: :nono:

Dandyman

In London village.
Easy 10 said:
Anyone else go to the Larson Voce yesterday, right next to Trent Bridge ?
Utter pony. Oh sure, the sign outside ticked all the boxes. "Good food" it said. "Sky Sports" it said. Well, the "good food" amounted to a ham roll. Or a cheese roll. (Or "cob" as those dopey northerners called it). This amounted to a slightly squashed budget bread roll from Co-op, allegedly filled (I use the term loosely) with a slice of processed reformed ham, or a sorry piece of something pale and yellow masquerading as cheese. This banquet was available for the princely sum of a quid. Great effort there, really hit the spot.

As for the Sky Sports - my suspicions were aroused when they still had Football Focus on at 12.45 when the Liverpool game kicked off. Sure enough, their Sky licence had (apparently) been cancelled the day before. Just as all the Live football starts. Genius.

Food and football on the TV on a Saturday lunchtime, its not MUCH to ask is it ? Most pubs seem to manage it. Larson Voce - you have thus far claimed the official title of 'Shittest Away Pub of the Year' - it'll certainly take some beating. Mind you, Crewe and Scunny could well provide a challenger I suppose.

Congratulations on finding a shithole in a town stuffed full of, as Carrot Cruncher so rightly points out, absolutely cracking pubs.:drink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here