Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What a night to chuck his toys out the pram and hint on leaving

MICK PATCHAM

Banned
Feb 23, 2013
clues in the title
Some of the stuff on here is a total over reaction suprise suprise. I've just watched his after match comments. It's nothing like some are saying.
He was proud of his players
He was proud of our fans
He was proud of this football club and the perception of our club having changed
He hoped we haven't hit a ceiling (financially)
He wants to stay as long as he can keep improving the squad
He wants to sit down with the chairman to make sure we haven't hit the financial roof or he has to evaluate his career. (Warning shot to the likes of Barber and Bloom).

Basically I think Poyet is tired of the same old crap coming from Paul Barber about financial fair play and budgets etc. I saw a player match conference recently where he said he doesn't quite understand that we are 10th in the money tables but top of the crowd table. He's asking bloom to give him more money to improve. Remember Peter Taylor? Same thing, Gus doesn't want to go backwards and if you want premier league football you have to spend to get in it. Even if that just means offering more to keep the current squad together as much as possible.

I really don't see anything bad in his comments. He tells it like it is, I would rather that than some manager that talks like a politician and never gives you the truth.
Some of you are just jumping on the bandwagon, read between the lines. Although I appreciate some are to thick to read anything, let alone between lines.

condescending much ? :bla:

westy

Jul 25, 2003
I was so disappointed with Poyet's naïve after match comments. He expects his players to be professional so I imagine they would have expected the same from their manager. What he said should have been behind closed doors in the days after the match. What he should have done was apologise for the defeat and to the fans and have the humility to accept he was out thought by the opposition manager and his team were outfought too. Of course he was disappointed, gutted even but basically throwing in the towel and trying to deflect the blame onto the budget or other influences is totally unacceptable to me. I have always thought that the end would be a flounce but he came across really badly last night and his comments are unlikely to endear him to any bigger clubs than us looking for a manager. He should have held his hands up and taken some responsibility. Doesn't seem to have questioned himself at all.

He's done a great job but he has been given the tools to do so. I won't be that worried if he goes, we are in a good place with or without him.

Great post.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here