Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What a laugh yesterday was...

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Have to say I have not laughed so much at a football game for ages, oh the fun we had in J block. The fans were on top form.

Thought the Stoke fans were magnificent - great banter and the massive celebration for our goal. Your going to win 6-5 they sang after we scored.

Cel-er-ry cel-er-ry we're the famous Brighton Hove Albion and we're throwing cel-er-ree!

We're going to Yeovil, were going to Yeovil your'e not your'e not!

Harry potter, size 16, if you were there it will mean something.

And yes, the whole ball crossed the line for that sixth goal - we were all very disappointed!

In all honesty, all you could do was laugh so well done to the fans who made it far more interesting off the pitch than on it!
:clap: :clap: :clap:

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
BUTTERBALL said:

And yes, the whole ball crossed the line for that sixth goal - we were all very disappointed!

It looked nowhere near going over to me! Was also disappointed though!

Last edited:

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
BUTTERBALL said:

We gave the officials some grief for not allowing the goal, sad as it sounds, really did enjoy it yesterday, just wish Stoke had scored more, and Robert had got one, don't you just love terrace humour

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
BUTTERBALL said:
:lolol: :lolol: Quality, he didn't wave though but laughed when someone spoke about the pretty bow he was tying when doing his laces!

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

colinpants

IT CONSULTANT
Jan 24, 2005
have to agree it was one of the best atmopheres all season.

:clap2: :clap2:

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
I have to admit, i thoroughly enjoyed the last 2 weekends......the terrace humour at Wolves and again yesterday was superb.

:lolol: :lolol:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It was fun in F Block as well. Stoke were 3 or 4 up and McGhee was getting abuse, a young girl was coming out with some great lines which included the priceless "McGhee, sign better players!"

Surreal atmosphere. The way I see it the fans could see our players had given up so they gave up supporting and just turned it into a big piss-take.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
As Pavillionaire says, it was a complete 'Piss take'.

As much as it is fun, i hope it's not something we have to endure too much next season

Domsdad

brother of Patch
Sep 24, 2003
Its grim up north
I know I'm a grumpy old git. And I know that it would be absolute hell without the terrace humour. And I know that I'm proud as the proudest thing that I'm one of the Albion fans and we're the best. But enough.

So, Stoke fans cheered us at the end of the game. Wolves fans did the same last week - yes, but I still had a herd of Wolves kids chanting "easy, easy" on the walk back to the car. Right then I'd trade a few hundred clapping us for 20000 going home miserable.

Sorry, I must be getting old. And, I still hate Stoke.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I could have done any number of things with my bank holiday but I pay my money and turn up to see a team that didn't want to do what they were paid for, i.e. play football.

The only way of making anything from the situation was to laugh at it, and I hope the players can understand the fans for that.

2 Albion players taking each other out, Paul Reid's comedy fall for the 5th, the ball getting stuck on the line to prevent number 6 - IT WAS A f***ing JOKE FROM START TO FINISH.

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
Pavilionaire said:
I could have done any number of things with my bank holiday but I pay my money and turn up to see a team that didn't want to do what they were paid for, i.e. play football.

The only way of making anything from the situation was to laugh at it, and I hope the players can understand the fans for that.

2 Albion players taking each other out, Paul Reid's comedy fall for the 5th, the ball getting stuck on the line to prevent number 6 - IT WAS A f***ing JOKE FROM START TO FINISH.

Exactly, as funny as it was, if we didn't have humour we would be kivid with that display.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
After the Albion had wellied the ball into the Stoke wall about three free-kicks on the edge of the box on the trot in the first half, we got one in the second half. Cue jolly sing-song 'Hit The Wall, Hit The Wall, Hit The Wall' :lolol:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here