Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What a GREAT lunchtime I had

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I went to Marks & Spencer at lunchtime today, as I was craving sustenance. After a few minutes consideration, I selected a smoked British ham & mustard mayonnaise sandwich (with brown bread), and a bag of smokey bacon potato hoops. My anticipation of this lunchtime FEAST was tempered when I turned round and clapped eyes on the two maHOOsive queues for the two tills in the food department.

However, in an astonishing burst of lateral thinking, I took my smoked British ham & mustard mayonnaise sandwich (with brown bread), and bag of smokey bacon potato hoops through to the adjacent underwear department, and after a short wait behind an elderly lady who was buying a vest and some tights with a gift voucher, I was duley served. I paid for my items and strode confidently out of the store feeling like a KING. The one slight downside was that they didn't give me a carrier bag, so I clutched the receipt tightly to fend off any unwelcome attention from security, but overall, this was an IMMENSELY satisfying outcome to the transaction. I even allowed myself a small smirk as I glanced at the ever-burgeoning queue at the food tills on my way out. They could still be there for all I know.

The sandwich was BRILLIANT as well.

:winner:

Adam Virgo's Shirt

I took Adam's shirt off!
Oct 7, 2006
IOW ex Worthing
Nope you failed in your M&S mission I am afraid! Today they have a 20% off sale and if you'd perused the underwear section before procuring your sandwich you may have picked yourself a 20% cheaper Xmas present for Mrs 10!!

Men indeed!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Nope you failed in your M&S mission I am afraid! Today they have a 20% off sale and if you'd perused the underwear section before procuring your sandwich you may have picked yourself new Mrs 10!!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Nope you failed in your M&S mission I am afraid! Today they have a 20% off sale and if you'd perused the underwear section before procuring your sandwich you may have picked yourself a 20% cheaper Xmas present for Mrs 10!!

Men indeed!

Meh.
The point of the mission was SUSTENANCE, and in that respect, it was an unqualified success. Unlike the female of the species, men can walk into a store with a clearly defined objective in mind, make a decision, and walk out again having achieved what they set out for in a matter of MINUTES.

However, women in shops are easily distracted with glossy signs such boasting of "SPECIAL OFFER" and "HURRY ! 20% OFF !", thus tempting them to "peruse", turning what should be a straightforward exercise to buy a sandwich into a prolongued impromptu shopping excursion.

Mrs 10 will get whats coming to her. Of that you can be sure.

:)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
And if you'd sent Mrs 10 in to buy the sandwich for you, you could have spent the time more fruitfully IN THE PUB.

Men.

Pubs are for Friday lunchtimes.
And I had a skinfull last night, still feeling a bit ikky.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Oh, and to illustrate my earlier point:

woman3.jpg

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I went to Marks & Spencer at lunchtime today, as I was craving sustenance. After a few minutes consideration, I selected a smoked British ham & mustard mayonnaise sandwich (with brown bread), and a bag of smokey bacon potato hoops. My anticipation of this lunchtime FEAST was tempered when I turned round and clapped eyes on the two maHOOsive queues for the two tills in the food department.

However, in an astonishing burst of lateral thinking, I took my smoked British ham & mustard mayonnaise sandwich (with brown bread), and bag of smokey bacon potato hoops through to the adjacent underwear department, and after a short wait behind an elderly lady who was buying a vest and some tights with a gift voucher, I was duley served. I paid for my items and strode confidently out of the store feeling like a KING. The one slight downside was that they didn't give me a carrier bag, so I clutched the receipt tightly to fend off any unwelcome attention from security, but overall, this was an IMMENSELY satisfying outcome to the transaction. I even allowed myself a small smirk as I glanced at the ever-burgeoning queue at the food tills on my way out. They could still be there for all I know.

The sandwich was BRILLIANT as well.

:winner:

Game, Set and the Match.....Easy 10 :bowdown:

Adam Virgo's Shirt

I took Adam's shirt off!
Oct 7, 2006
IOW ex Worthing
Nope you failed in your M&S mission I am afraid! Today they have a 20% off sale and if you'd perused the underwear section before procuring your sandwich you may have picked yourself new Mrs 10!!

Easy 10 said "short wait behind an elderly lady who was buying a vest and some tights with a gift voucher"

Do you know her HKFC? Are you trying to set up Easy with a GILF???

:lol:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Easy 10 said "short wait behind an elderly lady who was buying a vest and some tights with a gift voucher"

Do you know her HKFC? Are you trying to set up Easy with a GILF???

:lol:

Errr, no, Ms Shirt. That's why I recommended that he PERUSE the underwear section - to find someone that took his FANCY.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here