Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What a goal by Murray

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
quality goal from a quality player wasted in a poor team at the moment

Kuipers looked very very lost for second - what was he doing.

What he was trying to do was what he has done on many occasions before when he's saved us which is to act as a sweeper and help out the defense. Sadly on this occasion he misjudged coming out and by the time he commited it was too late to get back and he looked silly. More often than not he has got those situations right.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Bollocks.

I left early too.

Having driven 250 miles, and with the prospect of the same to come why should I stay and watch the last 5 minutes of that crap.

Having driven 250 miles, you missed the best bit of the whole game. That's why.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Bollocks.

I left early too.

Having driven 250 miles, and with the prospect of the same to come why should I stay and watch the last 5 minutes of that crap.

Because you would have seen a great goal. I have already said sorry to this and i will not repeat myself. (again)

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Bollocks.

I left early too.

Or to put it another way:
You've driven 250 miles so you might as well see it through to the end, what difference does 5 more minutes of crap make?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Im sorry, but you should NEVER leave a game early. NEVER.

Utter rubbish. We left with 20 mins to go at 2-0. I was bored to tears with the football and had a much better time going to the pub and getting a pint in before the train home. We were never ever going to get anything out of that game so why stay?

I couldnt give a shit about a goal that we score when we are already well beaten. You can always watch it on tv when you get home.

Last edited:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Utter rubbish. We left with 20 mins to go at 2-0. I was bored to tears with the football and had a much better time going to the pub and getting a pint in before the train home. We were never ever going to get anything out of that game so why stay?

See Brighton's goal of the season so far from Murray?

Support the team?!

The logical conclusion to your argument is that if we kept losing you'd stop supporting us.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
The logical conclusion to your argument is that if we kept losing you'd stop supporting us.

I'd love to hear where that supposed logic comes from.

That was a great goal by Murray, true. Obviously Kuipers made a massive blunder for Leeds' 3rd but I thought he also looked a bit suspect for their second as well, maybe I'm being harsh but could he not have done better with that? Also, the argy-bargy was definetely that twat Leeds player's fault. It was a strong challenge by Thomson, which the player wasn't happy about, but the other player ran over just to shove Thomson in the chest and start the whole thing. Scum.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'd love to hear where that supposed logic comes from.

He said that he left because we were playing badly. If we always played badly, he'd never go. Fairly basic logic there.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
He said that he left because we were playing badly. If we always played badly, he'd never go. Fairly basic logic there.

He said he left because we were never going to get anything out of the game. Unless you've sat through 70 minutes or so of any match you can never know whether you will get anything out of a game, even if the team has been playing badly before. True, you can never be sure until the final whistle, but 49 times out of 50 you could probably make a correct judgement if we were dead and buried. Your logic is crap.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham

No I'll go to games but when we are away and it is obvious we have no chance of getting a point out of the game I'd rather just hit the pub rather than continue to be bored to tears. It's really not that hard to get your little head around is it?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
He said he left because we were never going to get anything out of the game. Unless you've sat through 70 minutes or so of any match you can never know whether you will get anything out of a game, even if the team has been playing badly before. True, you can never be sure until the final whistle, but 49 times out of 50 you could probably make a correct judgement if we were dead and buried. Your logic is crap.

Your face is crap.

(Definitely won that argument.)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
S'all good. I lost the argument so have resorted gleefully to silly namecalling.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here