Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What a football club

If anyone is offering any negative sentiment on tonight's game then they can f*** off, quite frankly. At half time we were dead and buried. How on earth did we come back?

I'll tell you why - our magnificent manager has restored an enormous amount of pride into this football club. CMS (who apparently wasn't being used properly/is shit/is a waste of money) scored 2 superb goals tonight. The whole team showed a real hunger to come back - how many times in the pre-Poyet era did the heads drop on the back of conceding a goal? We have got it so f***ing good at the moment and if anyone suggests otherwise, they should be supporting Manchester United.

Brighton and Hove Albion FC are back.

absolutely

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
The second half performance was top drawer. All credit to the players & Gus the God.

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
If anyone is offering any negative sentiment on tonight's game then they can f*** off, quite frankly. At half time we were dead and buried. How on earth did we come back?

I'll tell you why - our magnificent manager has restored an enormous amount of pride into this football club. CMS (who apparently wasn't being used properly/is shit/is a waste of money) scored 2 superb goals tonight. The whole team showed a real hunger to come back - how many times in the pre-Poyet era did the heads drop on the back of conceding a goal? We have got it so f***ing good at the moment and if anyone suggests otherwise, they should be supporting Manchester United.

Word.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
At half time it could have been anything,and we made Leeds look brilliant.I think they are a good side,and we were marvelous again in the second half,and should have won it,really.See the thread on Ankergren.

The main thrust of the thread is spot on.We ARE super Brighton,and we ARE on the up.

Trouble is,with games like Liverpool and Leeds on the telly,with West Ham to follow,Sky will be keeping a broadcasting outfit at Falmer on a permanent basis !

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Leeds are a very poor side though and conceding three goals against them doesn't bode well for the rest of the season.

I don't agree,I think that although we were woeful in the first half, Leeds played some good football. I don't think they will struggle this year.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
The way we came back must have been unnerving to every Championship manager watching us tonight. They must have been thinking are Brighton all that, come half time. But at full time they were probably thinking the same as me.......BLOODY HELL!!! What a game, according to the bible God is great but I am sure they must have got mixed the names up, even though Jesus sounds nothing like Gus. But eeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssss complicated.

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011

Gus won the game tonight with the changes he made early on in the 2nd half,but he then definately lost us the game when he brought smithy off in the dying minutes and replaced him with a defender , what was he thinking of .We are an attacking team that he has created but saying that even Gus can get it wrong sometimes, he will be kicking himself to death tonight.Not knocking him but to make changes in extra time bringing on a cold player shows complacency, the changing room can give Gus a bollocking tonight

Last edited:

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location

This.

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
Two years ago we were lucky if we made it to page 3 of ceefax.............Now, we are disappointed as we didn't beat a premiership contender and we get to be on Sky twice in a week. I love my padded seat.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Gus won the game tonight with the changes he made early on in the 2nd half,but he then definately lost us the game when he brought smithy off in the dying minutes and replaced him with a defender , what was he thinking of .We are an attacking team that he has created but saying that even Gus can get it wrong sometimes, he will be kicking himself to death tonight.Not knocking him but to make changes in extra time bringing on a cold player shows complacency, the changing room can give Gus a bollocking tonight

Can I just point out that we didn't lose last night.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Watching Brighton is an exhilarating experience these days. I can't say that I'm that bothered whether we are top, make the playoffs or end up mid table when the football is as exciting as we are seeing this season. I always go to watch the Albion hoping to be excited by what I see, I'm seldom disappointed these days.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

What a load of tosh. Taking off a striker and putting on a midfielder in stoppage time makes perfect sense. Generally wastes a little bit of time and breaks up play to stop the trailing team from building up pressure. It didn't work last night but shit happens sometimes. The fact that Leeds fans were celebrating a draw like they'd just heard the BNP had won a General Election says a lot about how good GP has made us,

Cosmic Joker

The Motorik
Apr 14, 2010
Chichester

Definitely this

Not that

What a load of tosh. Taking off a striker and putting on a midfielder in stoppage time makes perfect sense. Generally wastes a little bit of time and breaks up play to stop the trailing team from building up pressure. It didn't work last night but shit happens sometimes.

And this

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Quite a bit of negativity on the train back so I suggested perhaps we should be back at Withers playing Hartlepool or Carlisle.

We really have progressed as a team beyond belief with Gus, it is amazing now we are in it to win it whenever we play

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here