Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What a dump West Ham is!

goldstone said:
No, they're dumps too, but at least dumps that you can get out of quite easily and be by the sea or on the Downs in 10 minutes.

Ten minutes from West Ham and where are you? Somewhere equally depressing.

took me 17 mins to get to West Ham

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Gully said:
Can I nominate the area around Celtic Park in the East End of Glasgow as the roughest place to go and watch football...it really makes Beiruit look tidy, but you are all right in saying that it is only going on awaydays that makes you appreciate where you actually live.

Spot on there Gully. Gallowgate makes the East End look posh!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Spot on there Gully. Gallowgate makes the East End look posh!

Though I would suggest a pleasant walk from Wenlock (off the City Road) identified as the poorest most deprived ward in England thru Provost Estate, across the New North North, through Hoxton, across the Kingsland Road, over the Hackney Road, pass Columbia Road and Queensbridge Road, you have now traveled over a mile, not step foot or seen a private property and in the middle of the largest public housing area in Europe. stretching up to 2 miles north is a sea of high Rise including the infamous Holly Street. Onward through the housing blocks of Haggerston, pass Bethnal Green across Cambridge Heath Road, to the high Rises of Mile End, still you are walking across estates, onwards still to , down through mass high sprawl of Poplar to the West India Dock Road.

3 to 4 miles in length of the roughest, poorest housing areas in England. Now Gallowgate in a conentration may be worst, but this area is equal in area and population to our northern cities.

Zamora For England

Sep 27, 2006
Hurstpierpoint
goldstone said:
No, they're dumps too, but at least dumps that you can get out of quite easily and be by the sea or on the Downs in 10 minutes.

Ten minutes from West Ham and where are you? Somewhere equally depressing.

Ten minutes can get you a long way in London, but usually it depends on the traffic! Hackney isn't far away, and that's horrible, aswell as the like of Bermondsey but then there's places like london Bridge and Kensington. Very strange place indeed.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Zamora For England said:
Ten minutes can get you a long way in London, but usually it depends on the traffic! Hackney isn't far away, and that's horrible, aswell as the like of Bermondsey but then there's places like london Bridge and Kensington. Very strange place indeed.

Ten minutes can get you a long way in London

Unless you fly.

andybaha

Jan 3, 2007
Piddinghoe
Did anyone notice that practically every other shop walking to the ground was a Kentucky type chicken shop. We went in one, and I guess because there is so much competition, for a fiver we had so much chicken and chips we couldn't eat more than about half of it. The Asian guy after me bartered for his grub and it looked like he got two bargain buckets and a tray of pepsi for about two quid. I think I got ripped off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here