Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Weve sold all our tickets.

What do you mean only 900? They're from sunderland fcs, to get nearly 1000 on a tues night for the carling cup when they may rest a fair few of their first team anyway is a bloody brilliant effort

I was referring to the allocation given, rather than the excellent Mackem travelling support.

900 is a strange amount. Our initial allocations before have started at 1000 (aka Gills)

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
What do you mean only 900? They're from sunderland fcs, to get nearly 1000 on a tues night for the carling cup when they may rest a fair few of their first team anyway is a bloody brilliant effort

The OP thinks its considerably more than 900 thats what he means, it seems low.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Bearing in mind Sunderland have the biggest official supporter's club in London, this is pretty poor.

As for "best in the country" :laugh: - You never bring more than 2000 to Tottenham. :facepalm:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I know its a mickey mouse cup but 900 is rather poor although a bloody well done to those who are travelling.Im sure sunderland have a reasonable fan base in the south so should really bring more considering they get 35k+ for home league games.

Sir Norman Gull

Where's my poncho?
Mar 28, 2008
Location Location
They have a large Southern base-I work in Bognor and know of at least 10 Mackems in the small area I work in who are going having bought their tickets from Sfc.

Remind me ... how many did the Albion take to Swansea for the LDV trophy game on a Tuesday night in 2001? And how many Swansea fans were there to swell the total crowd to a MASSIVE 2,851?

And ... hasn't football changed in the last ten years?

I particularly like this bit from the match report on the Swansea City official site:-

The Swans were roared on by what was the fifth biggest of 22 LDV crowds tonight, and incidentally, the crowd was some 800 bigger than the one at Ninian Park.

Swansea City | Match | Report | 16 October 2001, Swansea 1 - 2 Brighton

Surport Local Team

Jan 5, 2011
why do sunderland have to buy them.
........not sure what the gate split is (45 - 45 with fa getting 10), but we will end up owing them money. therefore give them the highest amount possible, still allowing us to split the south (1300 i think). then give them more if needed. if they don't end up using there allocation they can hand them back after, with no charge to them.

surely this gives best chance to sell most tickets, which is win win for both clubs.

Also
does this mean we can sell last block of east and also if needed split south??

CC2

Nov 9, 2008
Remind me ... how many did the Albion take to Swansea for the LDV trophy game on a Tuesday night in 2001? And how many Swansea fans were there to swell the total crowd to a MASSIVE 2,851?

And ... hasn't football changed in the last ten years?

I particularly like this bit from the match report on the Swansea City official site:-

The Swans were roared on by what was the fifth biggest of 22 LDV crowds tonight, and incidentally, the crowd was some 800 bigger than the one at Ninian Park.

Swansea City | Match | Report | 16 October 2001, Swansea 1 - 2 Brighton

I was there, completely gutted when the away crowd was above 60, was hoping to have had 10% of the away crowd in my car!!!

why do sunderland have to buy them.
........not sure what the gate split is (45 - 45 with fa getting 10), but we will end up owing them money. therefore give them the highest amount possible, still allowing us to split the south (1300 i think). then give them more if needed. if they don't end up using there allocation they can hand them back after, with no charge to them.

surely this gives best chance to sell most tickets, which is win win for both clubs.

Also
does this mean we can sell last block of east and also if needed split south??

I can see now reason why the last block in the East and half the south could not be used for home fans, other than it probably won't be needed.

Would be interesting to see what the club might do if come say 2pm tomorrow, all the current tickets had gone. I am guessing the east stand block is the easy option. There is no telling what seats have actually been sold to Sunderland in the south. Logic would say, work from one side to retain the option. This ticket sale malarkey though, rarely follows logic!

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Bearing in mind Sunderland have the biggest official supporter's club in London, this is pretty poor.

As for "best in the country" :laugh: - You never bring more than 2000 to Tottenham. :facepalm:

would that not be due to spurs policy of 1750 away fans, lower allocation policy for certain games rather than sunderlands inability to sell more

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Because the away club have to BUY the tickets first before selling them onto their fans. So obviously they don't want to shell out for tickets they can't shift. No point Sunderland FC shelling out for 2500 if they are only able to sell 900. The away club would tell us how many tickets they want. if they only ask for 900 because thats how many they think they can sell, then we will only sell them 900. We can of course offere them more if they sell out the origianl 900.

Of course putting home fans into seats orginally designated for away fans means more organisation, more stewards, more cost and more segregation for us.

Don't really understand this, the away end holds 2500 then surely that's what should be available ? If they sell great if not what does it matter?

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
would that not be due to spurs policy of 1750 away fans, lower allocation policy for certain games rather than sunderlands inability to sell more

Nope, all teams can have up to 3000 tickets.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Both ourselves and newcastle have great fans, and in particular our away support is possibly the best in England. Considering what we have been through aswell! Always nice for this to be noticed though!
I agree it must be tough :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here