Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
You could have had up to 2575 in that Stand

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Thats alot for a midweek and all that way. Well done. We would have taken half that.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
We ask clubs to commit to buying a set amount first, then more later if they need it, so your club obviously only asked for 900

sunderland fan

Aug 12, 2011
You could have had up to 2575 in that Stand

Weve done well to sell 900 IMO, Brighton a tuesday niht isnt an easy place to get to! Also we have swansea on saturday so another big trip, some prople wll have opted just for one big trip in a matter of days rather then 2

Boris Yeltsin

MR PRESIDENT to you, mate
Feb 13, 2008
Moscow
Football is a religion in the north east, obviously. It constantly surprises me that neither Sunderland nor Newcastle achieve more success than they do. If they got into Europe they would sell out every away game they played.

sunderland fan

Aug 12, 2011
Football is a religion in the north east, obviously. It constantly surprises me that neither Sunderland nor Newcastle achieve more success than they do. If they got into Europe they would sell out every away game they played.
Both ourselves and newcastle have great fans, and in particular our away support is possibly the best in England. Considering what we have been through aswell! Always nice for this to be noticed though!

Not dissing you if your allocation was 900. It's trued we would have struggled to take half that for a Carling Cup match and a 650 mile round trip.

It just seems crazy that you may have more fans who want to make a last minute decision to go, yet none are available and there will be 1600 empty seats in your stand

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
900 is about par for the course for a big club like Sunderland. A lot of those fans won't be travelling from the North East, that's for sure!

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I wish the club would stop f***ing around with the away allocation. What's the point of only giving them 900, are we going to sell the away stand tickets to home fans now? Unlikely given that there's still a lot of space in the home ends. Chances are there will be a strong contingent (100 or so) of Sunderland in the home ends. Glad that it is a no aggro game. Pointless.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
I wish the club would stop f***ing around with the away allocation. What's the point of only giving them 900, are we going to sell the away stand tickets to home fans now? Unlikely given that there's still a lot of space in the home ends. Chances are there will be a strong contingent (100 or so) of Sunderland in the home ends. Glad that it is a no aggro game. Pointless.

Because the away club have to BUY the tickets first before selling them onto their fans. So obviously they don't want to shell out for tickets they can't shift. No point Sunderland FC shelling out for 2500 if they are only able to sell 900. The away club would tell us how many tickets they want. if they only ask for 900 because thats how many they think they can sell, then we will only sell them 900. We can of course offere them more if they sell out the origianl 900.

Of course putting home fans into seats orginally designated for away fans means more organisation, more stewards, more cost and more segregation for us.

Last edited:

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
This confirms what my postman said. But only 900? Are you sure?

What do you mean only 900? They're from sunderland fcs, to get nearly 1000 on a tues night for the carling cup when they may rest a fair few of their first team anyway is a bloody brilliant effort

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
to get nearly 1000 on a tues night for the carling cup when they may rest a fair few of their first team anyway is a bloody brilliant effort

I agree entirely .. although many will be southern based it's way more than I would have expected -- hopefully they'll sell a few more and make for a great atmosphere

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here