Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We’ve only gone and finished....

What position will we finish this season?

• Total voters

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Obviously, remaining 4th would be ridiculous, so I have us slipping to 5th by the end of the season.

This would only be as good as our Xg suggested we should have been last season. The fact we have not played particularly well in the games yet but have taken points, have a more solid defence than last season, could soon have Lamptey on one side and Cucurella on the other, an embarrassment of midfielders of high quality, and have Sanchez in goal, who can come and get the high balls, rather than starting the first ten games with Maty Ryan having a dip in form and his lack of height being exploited.

Other sides have improved too, but the only ones that are much better than we are and will almost certainly get more wins than us, are the ones that will probably finish in the top 4 places, Chelsea, Man Utd, Liverpool and Man City. Is there any side other than those four that it would be crazy to finish above?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I've gone for an optimistic 8th, which I think is possible with a fair wind, a bit of luck and a lack of key injuries.

Looking at the table now, we won't finish above the 3 teams above us, nor Man City or Everton. But honestly, I wouldn't put my mortgage on any of Spurs, West Ham, Villa, Leicester or Arsenal finishing above us. If we can beat everyone else and all bar two of those teams, we'll finish 8th. I know I'm being optimistic though.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
My thoughts on this is that a stronger top 4 will hoover up a larger percentage of points than they did last year meaning that points targets should be revised a little down (if you are into points targets)

The totals gained at the bottom, I think will be similar to last season

I agree, and I also think last seasons 5th and 6th, West Ham and Leicester will find it a bit tougher, Europa league football on top of PL, FA Cup and League Cup games, and players competing in WC qualifiers is going to take it's toll a bit. There will be us, Everton, Villa, Tottenham and Arsenal vying for those 2 spots with them this season, and I think we have as good a chance as any of those others.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
My thoughts on this is that a stronger top 4 will hoover up a larger percentage of points than they did last year meaning that points targets should be revised a little down (if you are into points targets)

The totals gained at the bottom, I think will be similar to last season

That played out last season which is why I've gone with 10th. In the previous 5 seasons 56 points gets you 8th, 8th, 7th, 8th, and 9th.

I think it is very unlikely a team will finish outside of the top 10 with a record of W15 D11 L12

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
We still have a looooong way to go and it’s still far too early to make any reasonable prediction.

With that said, I think holding our current position of 4th is modest and acceptable.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
12-15th. 15th = hmm, ok. 12th = blimey, that’s progress. Yes, I know there could be only a couple of points between those places.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
10th place for me to just hit Tony's next milestone.

If we are still going strong come January (top 8, top 6?!), there's going to be a lot of interest in the players that have got us there. Big decisions to be made at that point whether to cash in and secure the club's future, or go all in and see just how high we can finish!

History would suggest it will take MASSIVE offers to prise any of the assets away.

rebel51

Jan 4, 2021
West sussex
Realistically it's got to be 11to 17th. Il go for 14th coz if bissouma gets injured I think we will struggle against a lot of the top half teams as shown against Everton and Leicester was fortunate.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
Seeing as our highest ever finish is 13th (in a 22 team league) or 15th ( in a 20 team league) - anything at 12 or above has got to be wonderful.

This poll really shouldn't lump 1tth to 17th as one value, as 11th or 12th would be great.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here