Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We've got a goal at the Amex

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Is it me or is the pitch a bit short?

I was thinking that, goal line looks to have 3 or so metres of grass behind it. If the same at both ends, pitch could be 4m longer overall with still enough overrun.

Maybe shorter for the Sussex Senior cup final and a few friendlies, then made longer for the later friendlies. I don't know, they'll be a logical reason somewhere...

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
It's hard to judge the overall length of the pitch from the webcam. Most stadiums seem to have that extra grass area behind the goal where the nets are secured. See Wembley, for example:
wembley_3_1280x1024.jpg

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Its worth remembering the webcam picture is quite "stretched" with the fisheye effect, so the dimensions could be quite deceptive. Those worrying about the gap from the goal to the front of the stand, its probably not as great a gap as it looks, the webcam picture will have exagerrated it.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
And LOTS of lines

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
have you seen half way line is now there but i dont think it looks right do u think its in the centre and i think they need to move it along abit

Is right where the tunnel is, I have a funny feeling they can use that laser thingy ok and will get it right

Will they use a big spirograph to do the centre circle

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
The pitch looks excellent. In fact it looks nice and WIDE (when taking the centre circle as a point of reference).

Compared to the tiny Withdean pitch this is gonna feel EPIC.

Can't Wait.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here