Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

we've all had a lucky escape

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I was offered a new job last week, which I've accepted.

But during my sabatical, I applied for a couple of jobs, 1 in particular I really liked the look of, but wasn't really qualified for.
I tweaked my CV accordingly, nothing too drastic, just incorporated some of their terminology. Much to my surprise they seem to have bought it, & have invited me in for an interview.

Here's where you all would have come in (if I hadn't another job), cos if I needed this job, I would have had to prepare 3, 20 mins training sessions, for them to choose 1 that I was to use in training a group of young people.

What the fook is all that about, I would have been pleading for some help with that

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
being economical with the truth is one thing

lying and bullshitting will only get you one place . . .in the shit, with a total lack of respect. I learnt that the hard way at a young age.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No I was pretty close, & the job in question wasn't too far removed from my CV, except the 'ray mears' extreme survival aspects.
I suppose if it hadn't have cropped up in the interview, they might have spotted something was amiss. With me sh1tting bricks, lost, on Dartmoor, with a bunch of unruly chavs.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Nah, Prince's Trust

rogue

Banned
Aug 26, 2005
In a police cell
Tweaking your CV is crucial as far as i'm concerned.Never done me any harm or fake references.If it helps you get the job your really after then lie through the back of your teeth.At the end of the day mate,look after number 1.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here