Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wetherspoons

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Decent burger and a beer for £6 - not bad. Marina one is far better than the West Street one.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Prefer Lloyds, is a bit more 'jazzy'

and yes I know they are 'sisters' as such

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Most Spoons are shit heaps but I like the ones in Guildford and South Croydon, always have a decent range of local ales and a good place to go if there's an army of you.

ArfurW8

May 22, 2009
Fort Neef
The concept is good,and some of them are ok,sadly the one in Worthing always reminds me of the pub The Jockey in Shameless .

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
The West Street Spoons is quite good in my opinion, I like it in there. It has good food and good barmaids! And if you check the football trivia game on the machine upstairs, you find that an NE lead team have the highest score ever. We won £3. Result.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Normally meet up with others in a Weatherspoons at away games, and in all fairness all the ones we have been in around the country have been fine, there is a brilliant one in Cardiff and the one in Swansea is good :thumbsup:

Shame the one in Bridgend is the biggest dive going :facepalm: the carpet is literally covered in chewing gum and the place is full of dossers, a disgusting place.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
The one in Edinburgh was OK, think it was in a former bank, they always had a guest bitter which was normally a really decent pint and usually cheaper than anything else by a mile.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Unfortunately Wetherspoons have become the first port of call after people have collected their dole money. They also, because of the numbers in the pub, are the worst for having people standing outside blocking the doors and smoking.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
the one in exeter is BRILLIANT

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I'll eat in one (I did today, admittedly in Birmingham Airport) but I'd only drink in one under extreme circumstances - last time was when I was in Newport and couldn't find anywhere else open *at all*.

Went to the Southampton one in London Road, and was pretty ok. Usually start nights out in the worthing branch from 9:30- 11 or so before moving on to other places and is ok for drinks.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
f***ing awful if the people outside the one in Hove are anything to go by.

The Hove one is awful. Once went in there for some breakfast at 10am and there were loads of people in there already on their 2nd drink. I'd lay good money on the same people being there 6 hours later. Very depressing place.

I have been in some better ones. The Marina one is pretty good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here