Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West Stand Upper Stewards.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Yep, thumbs up from me too and they do such a great job treating us as customers rather than some of the confrontational stewarding of the past. I think it also helps that stewards have their own 'patch'. They get to know us, we get to know them.

I'd also like to give a thanks to the steward at the exit to WSL nearest the North Stand, always a friendly chap.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
the stewards in wsu are brilliant. that big guy in block I, bald, with a goatee. If you're nice to them, they're nice to you.

Blackcap

Nov 6, 2011
Shoreham by Sea
Yup, another thumbs up from me for the WSU chaps at the southern most entrance. Always very friendly, say hello on way in and goodbye / good night on way out.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
OK.

But what has this got to do with the stewards?

Sorry thought I clicked the blue button on the big board while I posted it must of just replied delete or whatever and to say where I am in west upper the stewards seem very nice

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
With all the bad posts and slagging off of the stewards I thought I would post a more positive review on them.

I sit in the West Stand Upper and i always use the entrance past the reception and nearest the away end and the stewards on the turnstile in particular the half cast fella with a skin head and his slightly less chubby sidekick with curlyish hair, are always having a laugh, smiling and chatting to any passer by. They always make you feel welcome and whenever I've seen someone with a problem they always seem more than ready to help out and make the problem as painless as possible. They say hello to everybody who walks in and even feel guilty when doing their searches.

It always puts me in a good mood when getting to the game and i always take the time to say hello to them back and have a good chat, ill try and find out their names so they can get some sort of praise but i thought for once it was about time that somebody said that not all stewards are complete bellends or jobsworths.

Keep up the good work lads!!!

I know the steward you mean, the skinhead one. Top bloke, I've been in WSU a couple of times and he's always polite. I changed train in Brigjton once and was waiting for the haywards Heath connection. Obviously had my Albion scarf on and he came up to me at Brighton station and asked if I needed a north bound ticket he had got his hands on. Ledge

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
The curlyish hair one (quite stocky?) is Rich, a mate of mine.

Would you mind asking him if he knows what has happened to Dave (also a steward)? He is an old school friend and I haven't seen him since the Liverpool game. Told me then that he had chosen the WSU to work in as he used to work at Withdean and got first choice when we moved. Started working on Entrance F. Cheers!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

upperwest J

Apr 17, 2012
The upper west stewards on the turnstile in particular the half cast fella with a skin head and his slightly less chubby sidekick with curlyish hair, are always having a laugh, smiling and chatting to any passer by. They always make you feel welcome and whenever I've seen someone with a problem they always seem more than ready to help out and make the problem as painless as possible. They say hello to everybody who walks in and even feel guilty when doing their searches.

The half cast fella with the skin head is Macca, his side kicj with the curly hair is Richard and the older guy thats always there when you arrive and when you leave is Trevor.
3 great guys doing a great job. On behalf of all the fans in the upper west (south end) thanks for being good blokes.

Spinal Wheels

Apr 9, 2012
Newick
With all the bad posts and slagging off of the stewards I thought I would post a more positive review on them.

I sit in the West Stand Upper and i always use the entrance past the reception and nearest the away end and the stewards on the turnstile in particular the half cast fella with a skin head and his slightly less chubby sidekick with curlyish hair, are always having a laugh, smiling and chatting to any passer by. They always make you feel welcome and whenever I've seen someone with a problem they always seem more than ready to help out and make the problem as painless as possible. They say hello to everybody who walks in and even feel guilty when doing their searches.

[COMMENT][/

It always puts me in a good mood when getting to the game and i always take the time to say hello to them back and have a good chat, ill try and find out their names so they can get some sort of praise but i thought for once it was about time that somebody said that not all stewards are complete bellends or jobsworths.

Keep up the good work lads!!!

Yes some of the Stewards are really good. I sit just outside the doors to the Profile Lounge in the West Stand, & we have a Steward called Alan. Super bloke always greets with a hand shake & is always full of regular good banter. Will help anyone. A credit to the Amex in my opinion.:D:D:D

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
The lady steward with the glasses on entrance D in WSU is great, always says hello and has a gorgeous smile. Lets hope they all stay for next season.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
At last we had some clarification in the north stand on Tuesday night. The stewards were explaining that they are told to make people sit down and as long as they do this a couple of times each half they are seen from above as doing their job if everybody then stood up as soon as they returned to the bottom there were not concened.

Why they couldn't have said that 3 games ago I dont know.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here