Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West Stand segregation

I notice someone went on ask the club with a sensible suggestion about making maybe half of the West stand a home area when poorly supported teams are visiting.

The responce seemed to suggest this would not be possible due to the entry/exit points needing to be segregated too.

Surely this is simply solved by insisting that home fans for the West stand enter via the South Stand turnstiles and simply walk the length of the pitch.

Can't really see any reason why this is not done - along with getting a man with a spanner for a few hours to fix the internet stand.

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
west point is the main stand with it all being home support?! try again :)

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
west point is the main stand with it all being home support?! try again :)

The question refered to Withdean, not Falmer.

Perhaps you should have read the actual question before replying.

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
lol! danny you meany, it does not clarify either so i was not sure

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I'd imagine with a bit of work, it would be feasible, but it is probably not worth their while. We only seem to sell out on the evening before or the morning of a match, so you'd probably only be looking at a handful of supporters + hoardings to channel them to and fro and plenty of extra stewards.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
At a guess I'd say they won't want people walking on the running track any more that they have to. Plus there is only one set of toilet and catering facilities at that end so people would have to walk all the way round.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
It might be worth the hassle for the few hundred people more who would get to see us play.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Maybe we could fix the internet stand and give that to the away teams that just bring a handful leaving the whole of the west for us!

Can't imagine too many wanting to sit in the west though.

I had wondered why this has been allowed to happen what with the current demand for tickets.

As for putting the away fans there, I think (from memory) they would have to use the South Stand toilets/catering facilities.

So for away fans no. But for home fans why the bloody not!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here