Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] West Stand Lower Catering/Ajax match

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Absolutely no improvement for Fulham match. One concession still closed in WSL. Queues to the door. No food apart from vegan broccoli and cauliflower pie which I bought and regretted. Is vegan just another word for no flavour?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Anyone in the queue at the ESU? Can you get me 2 pints of Harvey's and 2 vegan pies please? I'm leaving now, be there in 4 hours, you should just about be at the front of the queue if they've not sold out already
I thought about it but having arrived at 2:05 at the ESU southern kiosk, I joined the queue that went to the wall and then halfway back again. Got a pie & Bovril in time to take them to my seat for the teams to come out. 45 mins queuing for a pie does seem stupid so why do we do it. The caterers must be losing a fortune. Plus, based on sales and the quantity of pies thrown away (lots left when I got served), they'll put on less pies next game and run out.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
I thought about it but having arrived at 2:05 at the ESU southern kiosk, I joined the queue that went to the wall and then halfway back again. Got a pie & Bovril in time to take them to my seat for the teams to come out. 45 mins queuing for a pie does seem stupid so why do we do it. The caterers must be losing a fortune. Plus, based on sales and the quantity of pies thrown away (lots left when I got served), they'll put on less pies next game and run out.

They always get it wrong. The weather forecast wasn't a surprise to anyone, so a sensible person would assume that more people would be on the concourse early. The North end of the East Upper had 4 tills open, the middle one about 6. Queues snaking all the way back on themselves.

If you can stomach the watery fizz that is Moretti, you want to walk up and get drinks with no queues! Massive argument for AI vs Person there. If only they had a little Harvey's robot who could pull a pint and a self service pie machine.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
They always get it wrong. The weather forecast wasn't a surprise to anyone, so a sensible person would assume that more people would be on the concourse early. The North end of the East Upper had 4 tills open, the middle one about 6. Queues snaking all the way back on themselves.

If you can stomach the watery fizz that is Moretti, you want to walk up and get drinks with no queues! Massive argument for AI vs Person there. If only they had a little Harvey's robot who could pull a pint and a self service pie machine.

East Upper was shocking yesterday. Serving staff unbelievably slow. They just amble about chatting to their mates. There's is so little urgency to serve. Additionally, the concourses are too narrow for the amount of people queuing, and there is always a real bottle neck at the southern end outlet which is quite intimidating for the elderly/young which is a good proportion of the demographic up there!

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton

I don't drink pints at the ground any more, pre match in a pub and driving home later.
Are there 3 kiosks in total in the East Upper? 8 years and never looked! Maybe I'll try the middle kiosk next game. Southern end had 4 open tills.
As for self service pies, that would still need someone to show how to use it, and they'd not bother turning up for work on a Sunday.

EDIT. Thinking about it, this season there seems a lot more 'visitors' in the EU and as part of their experience are bound to want food and drink. Let's hope this new Fan Zone takes away many from inside the ground.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Oooooer, the trouble is what is deemed as exciting to some people, won't be to others.

Who couldn't get excited about Barber's Bar, with our esteemed CEO and Deputy Chairman, resplendent in mustard, serving up beers to thirsty fans?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
My half time chicken pie in WSU was hot and delicious.

There was also a very tempting looking sausage roll available - maybe I will have that next time.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Who couldn't get excited about Barber's Bar, with our esteemed CEO and Deputy Chairman, resplendent in mustard, serving up beers to thirsty fans?
He could even spread some of his mustard on the burgers and hot dogs.

Now that would be what l call multitasking.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Signore Barbera's Pizza and and Morreti was great in east lower again yesterday (pricey at £15 for 10inch margerita and beer).

The falafel was good too

I think this is the last time for the vegan Broccoli, cauliflower and cheese which is a sad moment as I like them. They were hot, robust and tastey.

Harveys good from kiosks and Harveys bar. Ipa, gold and best all top drawer. Didnt have the porter.

12.45 in the ground. All served by 12.50. Managed to get 3 more beers in before 13.45

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here