Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West Ham's good piece of business

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Sign Alessandro Diamanti for £6m 12 months ago.
Scores 7 goals, in 27 apps.
Sell Alessandro Diamanti for £1.8m.

Selling to "release space in the squad for another player to be brought in."

If only we all had £4m to piss away, and then spend another few £m on someone else.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven

If only we all had £4m to piss away, and then spend another few £m on someone else.

The f***ed up world of the premiership.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I feel the 'ammers ae on a bit of a downward spiral - think they will struggle this year.

They must be relieved that Wigan and Blackpool are in the Prem. Still need to stay above someone else. (West Brom?)

Our overall loss in 2009 was £4.64m - is that what you mean?

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
If I was a betting man I would say the Hammers are a dead cert for Championship football next season. Diamanti is one of the best players at the club but as he is not liked by David Sulivan he was sold. Another stupid chairman that does not have a clue.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I suppose the craziness lies in how much a Premiership team have had to have paid if they'd bid for him. Would have been at least what they paid for him. Gossip, i know, but when reading about the possible prices of Carlton Cole and Scott Parker it seems the world has gone mad. And when they say about anyone wanting Matthew Upson, i want to shoot someone or myself in the foot or face.
Not my favourite team at any length, but they deserve better than they've got.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
classic work from those utter chumps in charge at west ham. i, for one, was horrified when we were linked with an investment from Sullivan a few years back. the man is a 24 carrot chavster in a nasty suit. and don't get me started on ms brady either. low-rollers the pair of them.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If they do as well for West Ham as they did for Birmingham eventually the east end will be singing their praises. They got relegated to come back much stronger.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Signed on a 5-year contract by WHU as well. Was pretty good for them I thought. Whilst I rate Avram as a manager they are a bit of a disaster, especially with those clowns Tomkins and Upson at the back. Parker is brilliant though.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
No, Diamanti was why West Ham slid toward relegation last season. He's a poor player who is flash, but offers no substance. He's the man to take a free-kick for you and nearly score. He was pretty good at penalties aswell. But his presence in the team didn't do them any favours and I thought some of Zola's signings let him down quite badly.

Congratulations to Gold and Sullivan for getting that much for him.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
No, Diamanti was why West Ham slid toward relegation last season. He's a poor player who is flash, but offers no substance. He's the man to take a free-kick for you and nearly score. He was pretty good at penalties aswell. But his presence in the team didn't do them any favours and I thought some of Zola's signings let him down quite badly.

Congratulations to Gold and Sullivan for getting that much for him.

Is the correct answer.

We're still looking like prime relegation candidates though. By the end of sept, we'll of played 6 and lost 6....We've got the mancs, chelsea, sperms and stoke in the next 4 :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here