Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] West Ham United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
I predict our away fans will be even more amazing than usual this evening, drowning out any home support. There will be many choruses of Graham Potter's Blue n White Army...and when Neal Maupay scores... the roof will come off.:albion2:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Getting a point on Saturday wasn't such a great result.

Getting one tonight would be a great result.

Funny old game, football.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I predict our away fans will be even more amazing than usual this evening, drowning out any home support. There will be many choruses of Graham Potter's Blue n White Army...and when Neal Maupay scores... the roof will come off.:albion2:

And a pitch invasion if Locadia scores :lolol:

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
I feel it’s time Dunk thundered in a header - just got 40/1 on Dunk first scorer.

Wait for it….also Locadia is 11-1 to score first….ahem…

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I feel it’s time Dunk thundered in a header - just got 40/1 on Dunk first scorer.

Wait for it….also Locadia is 11-1 to score first….ahem…

Those Locadia odds are a joke, surely? He is very unlikely to start. If he does play, it'll be off the bench and likely for the last ten minutes - and even then only if we are chasing a goal (meaning there has already been a goalscorer).

Add to that Locadia's general shitness, how poor he looked on Saturday and the quality of the opposition and I can't believe they have the nerve to offer 11's.

Realistically, I'd want 50-1 or better to even be tempted with a fiver.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Getting a point on Saturday wasn't such a great result.

Getting one tonight would be a great result.

Funny old game, football.

Let's wait and see which Albion gets the point!

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Interesting one.

I believe the past few weeks have sadly exposed Potter’s tactical frailties in unlocking teams who play a tighter, more defensive system - or who simply are desperate for a point. I’m not sure, despite some cracking talent in our team, this will ever really change.

On the flip side, this kind of fixture plays to Potter’s tactical strengths - away from home against a busy, confident team who will be expected to play on the front foot and attack with purpose.

There will be spaces for Albion to exploit.

I am predicting a narrow, shock win..,,
Hey! Less of the 'shock' please. :albion2:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Those Locadia odds are a joke, surely? He is very unlikely to start. If he does play, it'll be off the bench and likely for the last ten minutes - and even then only if we are chasing a goal (meaning there has already been a goalscorer).

Add to that Locadia's general shitness, how poor he looked on Saturday and the quality of the opposition and I can't believe they have the nerve to offer 11's.

Realistically, I'd want 50-1 or better to even be tempted with a fiver.
About standard odds for a 'second striker' on the bench aren't they? Just wish he was one..........[emoji45]

Also not unreasonable to think it'll be 0-0 after 80 mins if and when he shuffles into 'action'.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
And will people stick to their word about going on the pitch? Chris O'Grady scored at Brentford I seem to recall and nobody moved :)

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
This is the strongest West Ham for quite sometime. A draw would be a great result (together with zero booing)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here