Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] West Ham United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I fear they will have too much intent of purpose of pace for our collection of technicians tonight. I’m sure their will be much to admire about our performance but I’m bracing myself for a comfortable home win.

Performance art is not all about goals. I think you are correct . . . .but stranger things have happened. . .both clubs are due a win, and we're due a few goals.

my moneys staying in my pocket!

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
The Mid West Wales blue and white army will soon be on our way! When we find our designated drivers bum bag containing the van keys, the tickets, and most importantly the werthers.

Last time I visited the Stratford museum it was a mauling by Murray and by the end of the match the stadium was almost empty of home fans!

Something similar tonight without Glen would be lovely :albion2:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Watching on the box tonight, so i will be booing raucously from start to finish. I might even phone the Seagulls hotline and leave a long booing message there, and also tweet Bruno, calling him Brooooooooooooooooooono

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
The Mid West Wales blue and white army will soon be on our way! When we find our designated drivers bum bag containing the van keys, the tickets, and most importantly the werthers.

Last time I visited the Stratford museum it was a mauling by Murray and by the end of the match the stadium was almost empty of home fans!

Something similar tonight without Glen would be lovely :albion2:
Good luck from your friends in the Middle East (of Wales).

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I have rewatched band of brothers again after listening to the podcast. One of the brilliant scenes with Spiers giving a pep talk to a scared recruit is something I am trying to get to with Brighton.

Ronald Spiers : The only hope you have is to accept the fact that you're already dead. The sooner you accept that, the sooner you'll be able to function as a soldier is supposed to function: without mercy, without compassion, without remorse. All war depends upon it.

About Brighton
The only hope you have is to accept the fact that we won’t ever win another game. The sooner you accept that the sooner you’ll be able to function as a supporter as a supporter is supposed to function. Without worry, without expectation, without disappointment. All matches depend on it.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
All the best for a speedy recovery Dick, I hope tonight’s performance will raise your spirits

I am uncertain about tonight. We have enjoyed some good results against West Ham , but David Moyes has got them going well . It won’t be easy but…. If we play as well as we can and finally have some luck in front of goal… we can do it .
I mean , this dry spell can’t last forever…..can it? :albion2:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Should be a good game but got a bad feeling about the result. These are a good team.

AmexRuislip

Retired Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I'm home and recovering slowly, thanks. I've got water tablets that are making me piss like a race horse and antibiotics the size of elephant suppositories plus assorted bits and bobs but am looking forward to tonight with relish! UTA!

Morning [MENTION=15297]Dick Head[/MENTION], wasn't a dig, unaware of above, just my SOH :thumbsup:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Well they won’t be bothering with a “low block” against us, so that might help.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I'm going to start my booooooooing before kickoff this time.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Expecting a loss , not really up for it .... hope the players are.

More positive about saturday though

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Wouldn't it be lovely if tonight we got the rewards our play merits?

Cautiously optimistic.

Unless we play shit, and deserve to lose, in which case I will wildly celebrate if we get a 0-0 draw.

NOTE: We have not had a goalless game with West Ham in the last 23 meetings.

Last edited:

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I really think tonight is the game where we end our winless run. It should be an absolute ripsnorter of a game, the Hammers fans will be loud and proud so the atmosphere is sure to be electric. They will come on to us and have a go which is ideal for us.

I have noticed that your lack of most famous supporter threads are linked to our our results, so please get googling!

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
Interesting one.

I believe the past few weeks have sadly exposed Potter’s tactical frailties in unlocking teams who play a tighter, more defensive system - or who simply are desperate for a point. I’m not sure, despite some cracking talent in our team, this will ever really change.

On the flip side, this kind of fixture plays to Potter’s tactical strengths - away from home against a busy, confident team who will be expected to play on the front foot and attack with purpose.

There will be spaces for Albion to exploit.

I am predicting a narrow, shock win..,,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here