Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West Ham ticket cock up

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Sure you didnt just pop it in a rubbish bin?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Tubthumper said:
Sure you didnt just pop it in a rubbish bin?

Might as well have done :D

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
Beach Hut said:
Well mine went in the one outside the ground.

I think there is something very wrong here - how can I be told I have not got one when the application was not opened.

Which one outside did you put it in?

I put mine in the programme sellers tent which was outside the south stand on the left hand side, if faceing the turnstiles.

Also do you know if the club has deffinetly got your letter up the shop or not?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Mine went in the same bin. I got my tickets this morning.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Kenhead said:
Which one outside did you put it in?

I put mine in the programme sellers tent which was outside the south stand on the left hand side, if faceing the turnstiles.

Also do you know if the club has deffinetly got your letter up the shop or not?

I put mine in the one on the right as you face the South Stand turnstiles.

I have no idea if they have it or not, all I have been told is I have not been successful but they cannot confirm they have a 10-match application that was in the same envelope

jakes right boot

Jul 29, 2006
Two years ago we took 2646 to West Ham for a league game.
Is it the magic of the FA cup?

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
jakes right boot said:
Two years ago we took 2646 to West Ham for a league game.
Is it the magic of the FA cup?

We were only allocated that many tickets.

I, along with many others, was in the home end that day.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Beach Hut said:
I put mine in the one on the right as you face the South Stand turnstiles.

I have no idea if they have it or not, all I have been told is I have not been successful but they cannot confirm they have a 10-match application that was in the same envelope

did you not spot the small print on the side of that bin:

"this bin is for those of you wishing to register that you do NOT wish to obtain tickets for the West Ham match but would prefer your cheque/credit card payment to be donated to the Falmer For All campaign, thank you, M Perry".

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
timbha said:
did you not spot the small print on the side of that bin:

"this bin is for those of you wishing to register that you do NOT wish to obtain tickets for the West Ham match but would prefer your cheque/credit card payment to be donated to the Falmer For All campaign, thank you, M Perry".

No I did not, silly me :jester:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
This is my last word on the subject :D

Forget about season tickets.

Back in the championship last time I used to take the odd non supporting mates to away games. Bit of a day out.

You registered their names etc., they could have course go again without the initial hassle.

They never went again, but now they now have as much a chance of a ticket as someone who has been to all the away games this season and last.

If I'd taken one to the Millwall game this year (which I nearly did, before deciding to go on holiday) they would have been guarenteed him a ticket.

Last edited:

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
clapham_gull said:
This is my last word on the subject :D

Forget about season tickets.

Back in the championship last time I used to take the odd non supporting mates to away games. Bit of a day out.

You registered their names etc., they could have course go again without the initial hassle.

They never went again, but now they now have as much a chance of a ticket as someone who has been to all the away games this season and last.

If I'd taken one to the Millwall game this year (which I nearly did, before deciding to go on holiday) they would have been guarenteed him a ticket.

The above is exactly the message that Martin Perry is sending out to some season ticket holders.....great way for our Chief exce. to perform.....is it any wonder that 8 years down the line, we still don,t have a stadium (thats the reason he came here for...)......anyone else in industry with that record would have been fired years ago...

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
cjd said:
anyone else in industry with that record would have been fired years ago...

Perhaps we can't afford the compensation :lolol: :lolol:

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
It's a game of football, get over yourselves. Maybe the club messed up, maybe they didn't, we don't know. If something did go wrong, I doubt they did it on purpose, just a mistake. The procedure would seem to be fine to me, the earlier you apply, the better chance you have of getting a ticket, easy.

More generally, I think it's important that people who aren't season ticket holders get to see these games, helps keep a bit of interest in the club that we will hopefully be able to draw on if and when we get Falmer.

seagull-lad

Feb 2, 2006
Worthing
Beach Hut said:

of course they can, cos you're most likely not on the list of people for tickets theyve sold, but if they havent received your letter then they wouldnt be able to know about the other application.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here