Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West Ham release six

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
All I said was PBD would be the type of player what we want, a strong, powerful central midfielder. I'm sure Gus doesn't have just one person on his list. If you lot would rather not info then that's perfectly fine by me :thumbsup:

Hundreds of people post info on here, its all about separating the wheat from the chaff :shrug:

To the point, I'd rather have 23-yr old Liam Trotter or 26-yr old Grant Leadbitter than 34 yr-old Papa Bouba Diop who only started 14 games last season. Looks like a player on a career wind-down to me.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
But most players who are released are done so because they are not good enough or are not likely to
be good enough for the level they are at.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Personally - if WHU are releasing players ...then for the most part the
club is saying they ain't good enough for the premiership......

so I'm not saying that we are in any shape a premiership team - but
shouldn't we be investing in players who in a few years time might be
up to that standard?

Or it means they will be bringing in new players for respective positions - or didnt fit in to playing hoofball.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Trotter over PBD, but one will be a fee, one will be a signing-on fee... problem with PBD will be wages, I presume?

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Hang on, let me get this straight. We're looking for a tall, strong, athletic central midfielder, who loves a tackle and is good in the air, but can also pick a pass, and preferably with Premiership experience. Papa Bouba Diop is available, and people don't think he ticks every one of those boxes? He may not be affordable depending on his demands but Jesus wept, he's EXACTLY what we want.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here