Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West Ham fans: "Time to support another team"

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Icy Gull said:
I think we would have had 22,000 if yesterday's game had been played at a completed Falmer :(

That's possible...as well as Leeds at home. But when you're playing Rotherham on a wet, freezing cold Tuesday pm.....could you fill a 22 k stadium then. You'd struggle to get 5 k at Withdean.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
jevs said:
That's possible...as well as Leeds at home. But when you're playing Rotherham on a wet, freezing cold Tuesday pm.....could you fill a 22 k stadium then. You'd struggle to get 5 k at Withdean.

We'd get wet at Withdean. Falmer will have a roof. it makes a big difference.

Sorry to state the obvious but there are 6000 dedicated fans who are prepared to get wet to watch Brighton play Rotherham.
Then you get other fans who have nothing else to do on a Tuesday night and will go with their mates.

Harveys_Hammers

Jul 26, 2004
Guildford
I can't agree more with Romford and Jevs.
Yout a mug if you beleive that thread...

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
Lush said:
That's terrrible. Bleedin London glory hunters just jump ship to another London Club when the going gets tough. :nono:

Nah.
Sounds like something a very cheesed off Easy 10 might write - I thought it rather funny and better than aimlessly slagging off all and sundry.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Yorkie said:
We'd get wet at Withdean. Falmer will have a roof. it makes a big difference.

Sorry to state the obvious but there are 6000 dedicated fans who are prepared to get wet to watch Brighton play Rotherham.
Then you get other fans who have nothing else to do on a Tuesday night and will go with their mates.

I've been at the Goldstone on many a cold, wet tuesday or wednesday night when you were in the current league (championship, div 1, div 2 etc) and i've seen crowds of 6 k against teams like Watford and Crewe etc.

I do believe you had 3 covered areas (called roofs) then. It was only the old east terrace that never had the cover...and that's where the away fans went :lolol:

How do i know....i was a season ticket holder out there.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Brightonfan1983 said:
Nah.
Sounds like something a very cheesed off Easy 10 might write - I thought it rather funny and better than aimlessly slagging off all and sundry.
thats how i read it (when i read the KUMB thread -quite FG-esque )

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
Lush said:
That's terrrible. Bleedin London glory hunters just jump ship to another London Club when the going gets tough. :nono:

They have got enough choices.... And stadiums!!!!

SUSSEX WANTS FALMER :falmerspi

Fluffster

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham
jevs said:

So would you still get a full stadium against Rotherham, on a wet, freezing cold Tuesday pm? You may well do and I could be making an a$$ of myself but still! :p Every club has it's fair-weather fans we all know that.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
jevs said:
I've been at the Goldstone on many a cold, wet tuesday or wednesday night when you were in the current league (championship, div 1, div 2 etc) and i've seen crowds of 6 k against teams like Watford and Crewe etc.
Oh sit down and shut up mate. I remember you lot getting promotion to the top flight on gates of 11,000. In fact, the similarity with plastic Chelsea were quite striking.

We've all had crap gates at one time or other. Around that time, we went to Newcastle and drew 0-0. Attendance, 10,400. Massive. But apparently Geordies love their football? Chelsea, £50 a pop now and selling out each game. But where were they when they were PROMOTED to the Premiership in 1992. They were getting 7-8k, and 7,200 turned up for a Premiership match at the bridge against Southampton.

And one thing I'm getting tired of hearing from West Ham fans is how their supporters are second to none. My f***ing arse you are. You're not bad, but, seriously, you want to go looking for the opinions of fans of other clubs to get a true gauge of that.

Stumpy Tim said:
I'm still surprised that these teams think it's disgraceful losing to Brighton. It was only 13 years ago that Byrne scored & we beat the Hammers 1-0 at the Goldstone. The same season we beat Leicster & played teams like Middlesborough, and lost in the Play-Off final (one game from top flight).

We are in the divison where this club belongs - we've just had a bad decade. The Hammers are a Premiership/Div 1 Club, so it should be no surprise that they lose to us

jevs said:

I do believe you had 3 covered areas (called roofs) then. It was only the old east terrace that never had the cover...and that's where the away fans went :lolol:

How do i know....i was a season ticket holder out there.

So how come you're now a West Ham fan?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here