Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West Ham Fans....on Zamora

spidey

Jun 17, 2004
B Hill
bha.fatboy said:
Did anyone see his celebrations. He scored and just turned away from the fans and headed back to the hhalfway line before being mobbed and then started to do the same when he set up a goal. Does not look like he is enjoying his time at west ham

I noticed that on the Championship as well.
Whether it's the critisism or the alleged racist abuse, he doesn't seem to be too happy with the WH fans.

Spicy2

Aug 12, 2004
London
Bobby wasn't happy in his last weeks with us though was he? He was obviously destined for greater things and wanted out. In my view the chances of him coming back are remote - for one thing I really don't think he would want to - by doing so he would feel he was taking a backward step. He went to Spurs expecting great things and I think he felt let down by the fact that he didn't get first team experience. I feel sorry for him but I suspect he may be on his way out of West Ham soon.

Harveys_Hammers

Jul 26, 2004
Guildford
Wankers like you stupid hammers fans do not deserve Zamora playing for them. Who the hell do you think you are. I suppose you are pissed off with Zamora giving him all the racsist abuse like you do as you think you should have Roony up front with Owen as well.

He should tell you all to feck off and go to a club who do not think they are still in the premiership and having to put up with Zamora.

f*** off...:censored:

Do you see Zamora week in week out? No.
The fact is he has not played well the past few weeks for us.
Yesterday he was fantastic and the crowd appriciated that.
I've NEVER heard any chants against Bobby or racisist abuse.
He had to play well when you have Teddy Sheringham, Marlon Harewood and Sergei Rebrov as strikers at your club and he played bloody well and was the best player on the park yesterday.

I'm not going to feck off and I know we are in the Championship - I just hope we can get out of it this season and into the Premiership. Can I just add he celebrated Marlon and Mullins goals alot so I would read nothing into that celebration he did at the start.

:salute:

Last edited:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Bobby Z has got one special talent and that is arriving in the penalty box (losing his marker) at precisely the right time, and it depends on the service that he gets. His finishing is not top drawer, he has presence of mind to pass instead of shooting when it is best.

At the Albion, lots of the time, he appeared to be out of the game and then he popped up with two goals.

He is an enigma. He would suit the Albion team right now!

Not as complete a player as Nathan Ellington. But Bobby Z is left-footed which really helps if you haven't got a left winger.

Last edited:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Harveys_Hammers said:
f*** off...:censored:

Do you see Zamora week in week out? No.
The fact is he has not played well the past few weeks for us.
Yesterday he was fantastic and the crowd appriciated that.
I've NEVER heard any chants against Bobby or racisist abuse.
He had to play well when you have Teddy Sheringham, Marlon Harewood and Sergei Rebrov as strikers at your club and he played bloody well and was the best player on the park yesterday.

I'm not going to feck off and I know we are in the Championship - I just hope we can get out of it this season and into the Premiership. Can I just add he celebrated Marlon and Mullins goals alot so I would read nothing into that celebration he did at the start.

:salute:

Riiiight-like we've never seen Zamora week in-week out...

FFS-it's not like you've plucked him out of non-league, on-loan obscurity or anything and turned him into a decent striker......

Jul 20, 2003
Harveys_Hammers said:

Yesterday he was fantastic and the crowd appriciated that.................................. and he played bloody well and was the best player on the park yesterday.

:

Excellent, BZ's achievements for us have secured legend status, clearly too good for us to keep hold of given our parlous state, love to see him doing well - hope he scores a fantastic consolation goal on the 13th.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Bwian said:
You are not wrong-I believe Darren Freeman enjoyed his time with us no end...:jester:

I believe he did, yes. He was given a chance at playing at a level that was a bit above him before having to retire from the professional game through injury. He had his detractors as some current Brighton players do (Jones immediately springs to mind).

Last edited:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I think Zammo will break into the first team properly next season at West Ham, he'll be learning a great deal from the likes of Sheringham and Rebrov. Remember that he's never had people to learn from because most of his playing career has been either speny on the bench at Spurs or playing lower leage football for us. Give him time at West Ham to pick up a few pointers from Sheringham and he'll come good and start scoring again, his all round game needs to improve before he can move up the ranks. Good luck to him though, his goal and assists on Saturday will do him the world of good.

Last edited:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Gareth, you do talk some utter drivel sometimes, and labelling a whole ground of fans racist for matches you haven't attended comes very close to the top of the list. Zamora hasn't been racially abused at West Ham, he's been booed because he's been playing rubbish when he has started.

Until Saturday, when he was the man of the match, which I'm sure we're all pleased about. Unfortunately for me, I've seen more West Ham than Brighton matches due to work commitments this season, and you can bin the racist chanting notion.

In fact, and I think our Hammers friend would probably agree here, given his previous poor form you could argue the fans at Upton Park had been (unusually) patient with him, as they are harsh, but like the fact he's a local boy. There just comes a point where people have to deliver.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I would like to apologise to Harvey Hammers and Tooting. The rascist accusation was uncalled for but I do think Hammers fans have treated him very badly. I blame my post on too much Rorke's drift yesterday afternoon when my mind went loopy.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Don't worry about me, but I'm sure HH will appreciate that. Doubtless he'll be back before November 13th...

And you are right, they have given him a hard time - it's just that on what they've seen, which isn't what we saw, it's been largely justified so far.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Zamora is finally hitting form for the Hammers. What odds he scores against us when we go there in a few weeks that's unless Danny " Kaiser" Cullip can keep him quiet?

Oct 20, 2004
walsall
Swaping knight for bobby i would avoid, play the two together and i think your have an explosive partnership as lethal as the wigan pair. If Zamora returned and continued where he left of, his style would suit knight and i could see plenty of goals from the two.

Or would you keep virgo up there with bobby?

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Black Country Seagull said:
Swaping knight for bobby i would avoid, play the two together and i think your have an explosive partnership as lethal as the wigan pair. If Zamora returned and continued where he left of, his style would suit knight and i could see plenty of goals from the two.

Or would you keep virgo up there with bobby?

I agree, Knight and Zamora would be an exciting combination, with Virgo as an option. Sadly I don't think we'll ever see it.

Yoda

English & European
Hungry Joe said:
I believe he did, yes. He was given a chance at playing at a level that was a bit above him before having to retire from the professional game through injury. He had his detractors as some current Brighton players do (Jones immediately springs to mind).

Don't forget the Mayo & Oatway as well. :glare:

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
Like Leon the Boy Wonder is over rated and has not proved it at this level. Put him on loan to someone like Brentford etc and the goals will come rolling in again. Sadly he can't shake off decent marking or defenders with a few brain cells. In league one there is the time and space he needs and no need for him to defend from the front, something that does not come natural to him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here