Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West Ham Fans....on Zamora

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
I get the impression they don't like him much !!! The Evening Standard to has a piece today with Pardew stating Bobby has not reached his full potential.....There is a thread on the BBC 606 site with many disgruntled West ham fans saying..."Get rid " other saying his spiritual home is Brighton" .... "ship him out" etc etc etc etc.

I feel the peasants are revolting.....

Yes I know we cannot afford him. The poor bunny is obviously not very happy either and is trying too hard ( a bit like our Leon )

It's lack of fresh sea air !!!!

:nono:

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Perhapre we could help them by taking him on loan. Providing they paid most of his wages! :jester:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Had the dubious privilege of seeing Bobby in action at Loftus Road on Saturday, and for all his many fans on here (of which I'm one) over the 90 minutes - or 80 before he was subbed - he was very poor.

Felt really sorry for the bloke. His confidence is shot after 16 months not getting in Spurs/West Ham teams, let alone scoring regularly, and he was reduced to vain attempts to get penalties with what looked very like dives.

And therefore Zammo left the field to a chorus of boos from both the home AND away fans. Not ideal.

Last edited:

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
I also feel sorry Zamora. Lots of these young players that leave clubs like us find that they are no better off going to the premiership, they are fazed by the big names and facilites but then find they are left playing in the reserves and never seeing first team football again.

Paul Brooker, he left us because he thought he was better than the club where is he now? At the moment he is no better off

Zamora, left us and now not favoured by West Ham anymore and At the moment he is no better off

Adams, left us for a bigger club, expectations and bad attitudes from these premiership pre madonnas forced him to ship out. At the moment he is no better ofF

What we have at our club is a fighting spirit, everyone wants to play and do well.

Camp Freddy

Sep 23, 2004
Wiltshire
Is there anyone out there who didn't think he would cut it at a higher level ? I mean, I lost all credibility with the Spurs fans I know explaining whaty a qulaity player they had signed. I put that down to change of management/being in a crap team etc.. I am now running out of excuses with Hammers fans.

I didn't see any of his games when he was on loan with us, but I was aware of his record and that he was a prospect. When I did see him for the first time (V Rochdale at home, two clinically executed goals) I was convinced then he could ply his trade in the premiership. He did Ok in the U21's didn't he ? He might of had a couple if it hadn't been for greedy Defoe. Blue and white tinted spectacles apart, I cant have been the only one that is suprised at the course his careeer has taken ?

Maybe thats why I do what I do for a living and am not invloved in football I s'pose !

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
This may be controversial, but I wouldn't want him to come back to us. He wouldn't exactly be happy about it would he? I reckon he'd think he was bigger than the club and everyone else here. I'm as big a Zamora fan as anyone but it's usually a mistake to go back.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
To say Zamora is no better off now for leaving us is rubbish.

I would imagine the extra 3 or 4k a week he is putting in the bank would make him think otherwise!

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Despite Zamora's current form, which I still reckon is temporary even if it means eventually settling at a lesser club than Spurs or West Ham, I'd have to swap Leon for Bobby every time.

Knight isn't exactly pulling up many trees in this division, as many of us suspected he might not, and Zamora remains just a better all-round striker. Whether coming back to Brighton would be the right thing for him is a different matter.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I think BZ has the ability, but does not want it enough to really succeed at a higher level. I remember Dave Beasant two seasons ago saying that BZ prefers his music and car to football, whereas DB lives and breathes the game.

At the highest level the difference between success and failure is measured in centimetres, not miles, and BZ is not prepared to put in the extra effort.

Apparently he smokes, surely if he wants to be a professional athlete he would do everything in his power to maximise his health, so this is further evidence of not quite having the commitment required, and being happy to live in the comfort zone of earning £300k a year

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Cardiff fans are sure he's moving there.

i am gutted everytime i have to speak to my wife's family (all hammers). I keep telling them what a legend he was for us and that i think that hoddle killed his confidence.

But, we'd have him back at a drop of a hat. Come on West Ham pay half his wages and we'll get him back on track for you :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
His time at the Albion has been and gone, as per many threads before "Never go Back!"

Although I shall be well fooked off if he goes to Bahhhdiff!!!

:nono:

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
Pardew has ruined him. A man with zero ability to get the best out of players.

Let Coppell have a go at him... he should sort him out! :clap2: ;)

Windmill

Jul 6, 2003
Tadley, Nr Reading
Have to take issue with the poster who says BZ is better off because he's earning more.

When he was with us he was scoring goals, was continually in the public eye for the right reasons and Platt picked him for the U21 squad.

Even in his last season with us, when people accused him of laziness and of 'wanting away', he still scored 13 goals despite an injury which cost him a lot of games.

At both Spurs and West Ham he's has to take his chances behind a plethora of strikers who are established at the top level.

At Brighton he was no. 1 choice and had nobody to put any pressure on him for a place: not that they could as the man was scoring for fun.

Pardew is a complete arse and has destroyed his confidence. BZ was used to adulation and being first choice. What he needs is a decent run in a first team, even if it is on loan somewhere, to get him scoring again and find his touch. He also needs some decent coaching and caree advice, because without that he could well find himself as just a nearly man who never reaches his full potential - of which I truly believe he has plenty.

Would I like to see him in the stripes again. Too right I would. Apart from Ward, no player in my time of watching the Albion has inspired so much confidence in front of goal. We were so lucky to have him and I think the West Ham fans should get off his back and give him a chance.

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
We all know what Bobby can do, but I believe it was a case of miss timing in his transfers. If we had stayed up under Coppell, I am sure he would have stayed another season. Which would have helped him develop into a much better player. He went to Spurs and Hoddle was going to work hard on making him a better player but Hoddle went and Pleat never liked him and wouldn't have signed him in the first place.
West Ham is a tough club and the supporters are very harsh and if a player is playing bad they will make sure he knows it. But Trevor Morley(cult figure at West Ham)(Guy Butters at our place) were the same but in the end got player of the season. So good luck Bobby and keep trying but we'll have you back anytime.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here