Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West Ham Decision Made

nail-Z

Jul 10, 2003
North Somerset
Giving them a points penalty at this stage of the season could have been awkward.

Imagine if the points actually made the difference between going down and staying up. West Ham would obviously appeal, then a lengthy appeal process, meaning the team in 17th position wouldn't know their fate until well in to the summer.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
5.5 miliion is what fines should start at for premier league clubs, the money should then go straight into grass roots .

this uefa bollox of fining teams less than 50k is rubbish

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
they can still stop Tevez's contract from now, and ban him from playing

he cannot play tomorrow unless all the paper work goes through for him to go on loan to west ham or be owned by west ham, but i dont see how it is possible if the transfer window is closed

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think bringing in 2 players illegally and then continuously playing them has slightly more serious ramifications than a few fans having a ruck.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
who sent the question in to Sky Sports News then??

seven stands

May 25, 2006
hastings
who the fan who just asked about the brghton compo on skysports news :clap: just need an answer now.

Another good point was boro went down after a 3 point deduction for not playing a game what must be a lesser rule break

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
sten_super said:
Who cares about a few people getting injured or killed eh.
:rolleyes:

Why should Man Utd have got fined ANYTHING at all? The Roma fans and police were always going to steam in, it's what they do.

Fining clubs heavily for fan violence is always a bit woolly and never achieves anything. Good policing and good stewarding, on the other hand, sorts it every time.

Pavilionaire said:
Why should Man Utd have got fined ANYTHING at all? The Roma fans and police were always going to steam in, it's what they do.

Fining clubs heavily for fan violence is always a bit woolly and never achieves anything. Good policing and good stewarding, on the other hand, sorts it every time.

But how do you motivate them to provide good policing and stewarding? I refuse to believe that if you told a club they are being fined £5m for violence, and every time that there is a subsequent incidence they will get the same fine, that they, and their fans, wouldn't do something about it sharpish.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
mendoza10 said:
they can still stop Tevez's contract from now, and ban him from playing

he cannot play tomorrow unless all the paper work goes through for him to go on loan to west ham or be owned by west ham, but i dont see how it is possible if the transfer window is closed

he's effectively a free agent and can therefore be signed outside the window ?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
clapham_gull said:
he's effectively a free agent and can therefore be signed outside the window ?
But still "belongs" to MSI who wouldn't want him signed permanently to West Ham? I don't know, the whole thing is very dodgy.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Fourteenth Eye said:
:eek: :eek:

Christ if we got that sort of fine that would be the end of the club!!!!

Wouldn't happen. The authorities aren't scared of us, so we'd have been given a hefty points deduction.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Silent Bob said:
But still "belongs" to MSI who wouldn't want him signed permanently to West Ham? I don't know, the whole thing is very dodgy.

As long as the contract is legal and fully disclosed it would be fine.

I've just read through the judgement, it appears that they didn't pass on the agreement they had with MSI..

.. and the agreement with MSI was unenforcable under UK law anyway.

Basically - West Ham weren't even able to terminate his contract it appears, which is illegal.

Reading through it I wouldn't be surprised if the FA do something now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here