Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West Ham charged

seven stands

May 25, 2006
hastings
will be funny if the points deducted take you down then sit back and watch all the arguing take place between the prem west ham and whoever stays up because of it. I want the hammers to win every game now :lolol:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Obviously it's a nightmare situation for West Ham - but I think it would have been worse if they'd had 15 more points and were comfortably mid-table.

This season they're so shite that they would have gone down on playing grounds alone anyway, so they're better off getting through the process as quickly as possible, taking the likely points hit this season rather than next, and not actually losing that much.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
jevs said:
Yep....we've been charged by the prem....not the FA so any punishment will not affect the cup game.

I don't know if the FA can charge us too.....however with Sir Trevor of Brooking up their arses, i doubt if it will happen ;)

WRT punishment, a points deduction looks likliest although we're already down and any points deduction will not affect next season in the championship. However, if...and it's a big if, we get promoted again, i don't know if the points deduction can be carried forward to then.

However, all this bollocks with the Argies happened when Pardew and Terrence Brown were at the helm. We now have new owners and a new manager and the club will argue that the Argies were signed under a previous regime.
This happened with tottenham in 1994 and Alan Sugar successfully launched a legal challenge to their points deduction as he'd just bought the club.

Just another day at the west ham circus :down:

Different scenario - I understand the Spurs investigation was down to financial irregularities ?

Fielding players who shouldn't be there is a different kettle of fish.

The FA are waiting for the outcome of the Premier League inquiry to instigate their own investigation and possible punishment.

Seeing as Bury were thrown out under "similiar" circumstances, I think you can expect something coming your way from the FA I'm afraid.

Interesting one since West Ham are already out. I strongly suspect the FA will ban you for a year from the competition.

Not gloating - wouldn't like top be a West Ham fan at the moment.

Last edited:

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
clapham_gull said:
Different scenario - I understand the Spurs investigation was down to financial irregularities ?

Fielding players who shouldn't be there is a different kettle of fish.

The FA are waiting for the outcome of the Premier League inquiry to instigate their own investigation and possible punishment.

Seeing as Bury were thrown out under "similiar" circumstances, I think you can expect something coming your way from the FA I'm afraid.

Interesting one since West Ham are already out. I strongly suspect the FA will ban you for a year from the competition.

Not gloating - wouldn't like top be a West Ham fan at the moment.

I wouldn't be surprised if we get a 10 year ban from all competitions to tell you the truth.

Yeah, the spurs one was down to finnancial stuff but it still took place under a previous owner and the points deduction was withdrawn.

Just another fantastic ride on the west ham roller coaster :shootself

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Do the clubs who lost points to West Ham get 3 points added to their total?

Will the FA be bothered to follow the Premiership now that West Ham are out of the cup,or will they keep their heads below the parapet as it was only a league one club that suffered?

Zamora For England

Sep 27, 2006
Hurstpierpoint

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
withdeanwombat said:
Will the FA be bothered to follow the Premiership now that West Ham are out of the cup,or will they keep their heads below the parapet as it was only a league one club that suffered?

No chance of the FA ignoring it.

Bury (who were kicked out of the cup, of course) are said to be threatening to sue the FA if West Ham aren't punished too.

Teams in the FA Cup have to abide by the rules of the league they're in. So West Ham they broke Premier League rules over player registration, they broke FA Cup rules too.

If found guilty, we can definitely expect some sort of compensation I reckon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here